LegacyGT.com

3rd Gen (00-04) Outback Seats in Our Cars?

Are they a direct replacement? I realize the grey seats are hard to find, and I also realize that to get power adjustment, I'd have to add a constant +12V source, but other than that do they bolt right in? Are the seat heater harnesses the same? (Doubt that would be difficult to wire anyway.)

Also, does anyone know if they are more comfortable? The #1 complaint I get from passengers is how uncomfortable the front seats are. I don't really have a problem with them, but I suspect that might just be a result of my being used to it. Tempted to see if I can find a cheap set in good condition at a junkyard because why not?

the driver seat in my 00 lego isn't as nice as my 98 outback seats, or my 97 GT leather seats.

the leather seat in my 01 outback is better.

the front are a direct swap, 3rd to 2nd, yes to the wiring needed.

the rear wagon seats have different mounting points so they will not swap without some extra work.

easier to find 2nd gen rear seats.

i have a complete set of 01 outback leather in tan with switches, if you are interested.

i'm in roanoke.

I don't care about the rear seats so much. They are in decent shape, and I don't think they need to be swapped. The 3rd gen seats don't seem like they'd be too mis-matched on the interior either, which is good.

So is there a difference between the 3rd Gen Outback seat vs. the standard Legacy seat? Or was there just a change in the 01 vs the 00 model? I wonder if the 03 or 04 model seats are any better in terms of comfort.

Only mine have "Bean" embroidered into the seats. Being Latino this makes for my friends to make jokes on me in my "Beaner" car.

this made me crack up. im half mexican and a few of my friends call my wagon the burrito express. i may have to find some of these seats, lol

you should sell me dem rear brakes^

Really? The "H6 rear brake" upgrade can be found on almost all of the 3rd gen lego's even the "L" model has them. There are a gizillion of them in bone yards. They are heavy and would probably cost a small fortune to ship. Source them out close to you. I'm more happy to get the auto/digital climate control unit and all of its sensors completely swapped. The EZ30D and all of the car's extras.

this made me crack up. im half mexican and a few of my friends call my wagon the burrito express. i may have to find some of these seats, lol

"Burrito express" buahahaha!! I sort of prefer Taco Express thank you!

But tacos aren't the same unless you live in a border town, when I was in Dallas early November I ordered a taco plate one day at lunch and the obviously full Latino waiter gave me 3 half rolled up burritos. I was like wtf, I mean I'm half Mexican too and it was still a bit strange to me.

On another topic, aren't the h6 svx brake rotors solid, the l rotors on my 3rd gen wagon are vented.

Really? The "H6 rear brake" upgrade can be found on almost all of the 3rd gen lego's even the "L" model has them. There are a gizillion of them in bone yards.

I have not encountered a 3rd gen in a yard around here to date, they usually go straight to the used ports lot...they charge much more

and the svx is rare in those too... lame

I like you too Stang!! :)

What I'm wondering is how hard it's going to be to put the electric seat in a position that would stay fixed and easy to get into my car with. The manual seats in there now are easy to get in and out of my car.

It's not like it would be difficult to get power to it. All it needs is +12V and a ground. The ground being any one of the seat bolts, so all you really need to worry about is the 12V source. I would never install an electric seat if it meant the seat was no longer adjustable.

What you really need to do is have a driver's seat shipped from Japan so that you can have BOTH seats electric :p

Archived