LegacyGT.com

What stereo will be in my Legacy.

Tide

Well its the only one with ipod support which I've already got. Nothing like have 20GB of music in the car with yah. I am worried about faceplates though and how it will look in the legacy.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='team23jordan']for some reason i like JL a lot more than alpine... but thats just me[/quote] When did JL Audio start making receivers? I'm really hesitant to touch the factory stereo. I don't like the adaptors from Subaru to allow for single DIN stereos, but then I also don't download music. At least I haven't YET. I wonder if there could be a way to set up an iPod as a secondary input going to the amplifier, and you could just switch between source A or B. You could use an in-dash line driver from Audio Control to boost the signal and be the master volume control. Maybe it would fit in the bin where the LCD screen goes.

Tide, Do you use the i-pod for storage of downloaded music or as a way to carry your entire CD collection around with you? Like PPower I've never downloaded music either but it would seem like a cool way to have any CD in your collection available in your car.

I actually don't download music. Most of it is music I've ripped from my own collection. I have about 60 GB myself. Not enough space on the ipod but it holds more than what I'd need to listen to on a long trip. If you have lots of CDs, go get iTunes. [url]http://www.itunes.com[/url] I love pimpin iTunes and iPod. :)

I only wish we had the factory option to hook up MP3 players to the regular stereos. Firewire and USB2 hookups would be stylin stock. Yes I know, still a pipedream. I'll have to see what is out on the market about a year from now when I get a new Suby.

• 2 years later...
I think the new 07s have an input for an mp3 player
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived