LegacyGT.com

3 second zero cost audio upgrade (what a moron)

Have had my 07 spec.b for about 7 months now and finally decided to upgrade the lousy stock stereo. So I search the archives and from the excellent advise was ready to order 4 Polk 651s speakers. But then I read a comment from someone about the SRS/WOW system and you just hold in the audio comtrol for 3 seconds to turn it on. So I walked out to the garage and 3 seconds (and 7 months) later I had an absolutely free audio upgrade (and I didn't even have to pull a door panel). What a Moron!:spin:

The sound is much better, bass, mid, and treble but I still may order the Polks, can only make it better still.

Thanks for the info guys

rick

Yeah , the SRS/WOW improves the sound tremendously------without it the sounds seem to eminate from under the floor......then the magical three second push ----:).

I still think the car should have come with at least a subwoofer , and rear deck speakers. Rear seat passengers are not surrounded by sound-----all the sound comes from in front of their ears.

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

After reading your other thread (and then this one), I'm thinking you really need to read your owners manual soon.

I know I know!:confused: But I hate reading directions. Or asking for directions, its a guy thing.

its ok, I just learned that the max dimmer setting on the dash lights will never put the navi into "dark mode". Its been on max ever since I have owned the car, and randomly the other day I moved the switch to the setting just under max and saw the navigation switch over to a black background for night mode. Now it automatically switches between night and day mode.

I felt kinda stupid but excited about the feature.

SRS sucks BTW. Just sayin....

its ok, I just learned that the max dimmer setting on the dash lights will never put the navi into "dark mode". Its been on max ever since I have owned the car, and randomly the other day I moved the switch to the setting just under max and saw the navigation switch over to a black background for night mode. Now it automatically switches between night and day mode.

+1 to all of that. I just figured out the dimmer switch thing last night (couldn't see display when lights were on because of the rain).

SRS does suck, but I thinks its better than no SRS with the stock stereo. For a roughly $34k new car I'm surprised at how bad the audio is. But I bought it to drive, not play music...

That's nothing . . .

Back in 1990 I was helping my sister buy a used Prelude. We found an immaculate '82 and I asked the (original) owner if the moonroof worked. He said yes and proceeded to slide the sunshade back and forth. I didn't get the feeling he was trying to pull a fast one. He reminded me of the Woody character from Cheers, but softspoken. I said no, does the glass open. It was clear he didn't understand what I was saying so I located and pushed the moonroof switch and voila'. His reacted facial expression was priceless. I asked if he was ever curious what the switch was for. He said no. My sister had her heart set on retractable headlights so she didn't make an offer. As she and I left he remained in the car opening and closing the moonroof.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

"SRS"

"NAV"

All you new Legacy owners make old man Gire sad.

What's next? You start talking about your fancy steering wheel controls? Fancy MP3 car decks?

Dammit!:mad::mad:

:lol:

Wait, you mean I can control the sound levels from my steering wheel on my '09 LGT Limited steering wheel???? WHAT???? I thought the + and - sign meant louder or softer beeps!!!

Sorry, I just had to jump in. I am just playing around, no insults were meant!

Wait, you mean I can control the sound levels from my steering wheel on my '09 LGT Limited steering wheel???? WHAT???? I thought the + and - sign meant louder or softer beeps!!!

Sorry, I just had to jump in. I am just playing around, no insults were meant!

...glad you did...

SRS

Should be SOS. It's no more than a loudness control.

Sounds like you've never had a car stereo before. Try that upgrade, because there's few things in life as good as being able to listen to great music and be able to sing with no-one hearing you...!

...glad you did...

SRS

Should be SOS. It's no more than a loudness control.

Sounds like you've never had a car stereo before. Try that upgrade, because there's few things in life as good as being able to listen to great music and be able to sing with no-one hearing you...!

Actually is more than just a loudness control. With the SRS disabled the stereo sounds like sh*t------not worth listening to. The sound literally moves from under the floorpan of the car to about chest level when you press the SRS/WOW button. There is a MAJOR diffrence in sound placement between the two modes. IMO they should have dispensed with the stupid button and had the SRS on full time. The music system is utter crap without SRS. :)

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Actually is more than just a loudness control. With the SRS disabled the stereo sounds like sh*t------not worth listening to. The sound literally moves from under the floorpan of the car to about chest level when you press the SRS/WOW button. There is a MAJOR diffrence in sound placement between the two modes. IMO they should have dispensed with the stupid button and had the SRS on full time. The music system is utter crap without SRS. :)

Now I'm really interested in listening to a car with this OEM feature.

I've been listening to my OEM 2005 head unit for 5 years now and we don't have this SRS feature. I wonder how my stereo shapes up, whether my stereo sounds more like yours with the SRS turned on, or the SRS turned off....

Hmmm....

SRS did make a huge difference. I almost bought a full set of speakers and livesweep etc, but when i found out about the SRS and tried it, it was good enough for me.

I met up with an 09 spec.b, and we compared side by side our stereo systems. We couldn't tell the difference between his Harmon Kardon and my 08 speakers.

I think it makes a noticeable difference too, it made the sub come to life, quite happy with it. Its not a magic button, but for me it was good enough to not replace the speakers.

Now I'm really interested in listening to a car with this OEM feature.

I've been listening to my OEM 2005 head unit for 5 years now and we don't have this SRS feature. I wonder how my stereo shapes up, whether my stereo sounds more like yours with the SRS turned on, or the SRS turned off....

Hmmm....

I recently swapped a P204-UH unit (with SRS) and it was a noticeable improvement over the P201-UH (non-SRS). I was literally shocked after I found the SRS button with the improvement in sound quality.

Plus I found the P204-UH for only $65 at a junkyard :cool:

Archived