LegacyGT.com

3 questions. boost. tune . filters

1. i know the 04 sti's had banjo bolt filters and it was good to remove them to prevent them from clogging up. i was wondering if the 2005 lgt have them and if we should remove them. 2. is boost creep really common if i have a stock tune with my only mod being a catless turbo back.3. what tune should i get for a safe daily driver not caring how much power i put down only a tune for under 500$

1. yes, remove it.

2. yes. get it tuned, stay out of boost.

3. Do you have a lap top ? are you good with it ? you can get cables and buy a tune from one of the on line Tuners. I use http://www.tuningalliance.com for my Tuning needs.

Did you remove the cat in the up pipe ? that's something you need to do too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You can get a catless up pipe for under 100.00 - 150.00 Besides the aftermarket up pipe will flow better. May be find one used.

You'll need a 2.2k-Ohm resistor for the egt sensor you remove too. It's a $1.25 from radio shack. p/n271-1121

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You can get a catless up pipe for under 100.00 - 150.00 Besides the aftermarket up pipe will flow better. May be find one used.

You'll need a 2.2k-Ohm resistor for the egt sensor you remove too. It's a $1.25 from radio shack. p/n271-1121

Very informative. Thanks for sharing. Just got an OXT, need to learn more how to make my new ride better.

the factory boost controller is good to about 19psi. anything over will require an ebcs (grimmspeed 3port). At stage 2, you should keep the stock one. stg 2 tunes are only 18-19psi anyway, unless you get a fmic- then an ebcs is a good edition.

sorry to hijack, but is a catless up pipe illegal? I am just wondering cause it'd mean no more catalytic converter, and therefore "toxic crap" is not getting filtered? How do you guys all pass your emission test with catless? Not trying to get in an argument, just curious. :)

Nope.

You're just fine with a catless uppipe. Actually, I believe it started in '07 for the LGT's that Subaru removed the cat from the uppipe themselves.

07+ was catless in the uppipe. The two cats in the downpipe are enough to pass inspection, and so is 1 cat in aftermarket downpipes. I have no cats and pass inspection :D

Like 13.5psi I think.

Get the Uppipe/ Downpipe / tune and you can turn that into 17psi

Does it run 17 psi automatically bc of the free flowing exhaust? Or do I have to adjust the psi my self to reach 17psi. Sorry for all the noob questions

This is my first boxer engine :)

i don't have to run a cat but i do for the sake of the environment

a good high flow cat will make the car quieter and cleaner with out loss of power .

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived