LegacyGT.com

235/45/17 on stock wheels

motorbykemike

i know it's a bit of a squeeze onto that rim but anybody know if they wil fit on an 05 lgt w/ stock wheels and not rub the strut

car is on bilstien hd's that have a higher spring perch , not worried about that , just the strut bodies / inside clearances

tire is a Dunlop wrx takeoff

have the same tires on 7.5 wide 04 bbs and the squeeze will not be bad

stock LGT wheels are not 7.5, but 7 inch wide

yeah , I got that part , these are 04 sti bbs that I am looking at the tires mounted on , with these rims the inside of the rim is 4.4mm closer to the strut .....these are the rims I have the tires mounted on now and see how they fit , on the rims , I think the tires will be fine on a 7" rim as far as the "bubble"

I am asking if they fit on a stock oem lgt rim , 7" 55et , on an lgt w/ bils and not have clearance issues inside , I am naturally assuming the outboard clearance should be more than adequate .

I wanna know if anybody has fit this size tire on a stock wheel and what brand/model and if they had issues with inboard clearances

this forum is full of knowledge/experience , I just have to wait for the ..............

results on their specific rig

p.s. my rig is less than 2* camber

• Moderators
what's so hard to comprehend?

if you have everything already, just go try them on

if you want to be lazy, then listen to what others has said

235 on a 7 inc wide wheel looks stupid

45 is too tall

45 is not "too tall". BUT, when you combine 45 with a 235 tire on a 7" wheel, the bulge / roll over tendency is going to be terrible. Talk about soft sidewalls...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I'm running this tire size for my winter tires. Not the best winter traction because of the width, but I find the ride a little more soft over all the salt and plow induced pot holes. I can confirm they fit. I picked up my set for $120 at a tire swap. Couldn't beat the price anywhere at that time... lol. Just to let you know, they are a B*tch to install on the Stock LGT wheels. If you are going to attempt it with a friends tire machine (like I did) be prepared for a little cussing... If you bring it some place, they may or may not refuse to mount them.

• 3 weeks later...

thanx frankster and esp thnx for the pic

I ended up w/ the 04 sti/bbs on her car w/ the 235's , but she is not digging the gold , anyways .............

car has avo offset/caster bushings up front and is about 3/4" lower as well , tire is about 1/4" from the fender liner while turning

no rubbing anywhere but is very , very close to errthang front and back

think I will try the other set of 235's on the stockers as well

l

Archived