LegacyGT.com

Ughh!!! I left my rear driver's side window slightly cracked and it rained like cat's and dog's!!!!!!! I was inside going "Its a good thing my windows are up!" Much to my horror when I went to get in my car (about 10 mins after it stopped raining) the left edge of the back seat and carpet area was pretty wet.... :=( I blotted up as much as I could with paper towels does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking about having those areas shampooed. I may go use a vac at a carwash as well. I dont want any funk smells! Thanks

The important thing is to get the area as dry as much as you can, as soon as you can. If you have the ability to leave the window open to let it dry naturally that will help also. You might even try getting yr wife/gf's hairdryer and just gradually drying it but only after you have gotten as much water out as possible. I would only use the dryer to just freshen it up. Best of luck with it Adam.

Joe, Yr welcome for the information, Yeah I think thats a great idea, the more water you can pull out of the carpet the better. Move the drivers seat or passenger seat depending on what side the water is on, as foward as you can as water tends to soak everything. Get a towel, put it on the wet area and put yr weight on it, that will get a lot more out of the water out of the carpet, then try the vac and then try and brush it dry with yr fingers. After that, get the hairdryer on it for a bit, but be careful u dont burn the carpet as it is syntheic and I would say it wouldnt act well with direct heat. Let us know how u go. Adam.

Ok, I think disaster was averted!!! Whew! I blotted as much as could out with paper towels, then vaccumed over that but it was still pretty darn wet. So after going back home I cranked heat up all the way and left one of the back windows barely cracked and let it set for about 45 mins. It appears that everything is completely dry. Wow, I started reading horror stories online about must and mildew and funky smells I thought I was gonna have to take today off of work to have it cleaned but luckily I think I was able to take care of it. Peace J

Archived