LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy Spec.B with 20,1xx miles. Super clean. 28.5k OBO

lordhowe

$29K for a used Spec B that's relatively stock!? How on earth are you justifying that??

The title says 28.5 or best offer. Just in case you haven't sold any cars lately, after market parts actually brings the value of the car down.

I appreciate the bump though. thank you.

KBB, for excellent condition says $24k private party value, 20k miles. woot

That's interesting. KBB in my area say 26k private sales in "Very Good" condition. thanks for the bump.

i got my new 08 for 28k in 09. lowering price would help with sales..

Thank you! you are the first meaningful (non-hateful) response yet. My title says OBO so I'm certainly open to offers.

but we all know the car was modified and returned to stock already, so it has been violated to a degree.

While I some-what think responding to you is a waste of my time, I am however going to entertain you.

No where in my thread am I claiming my car has never been modified. While the car did have basic bolt on parts installed and tuned by a professional mechanic, these are nothing out of the ordinary. The reason I took off the bolt on's was because you rarely can get the money you put into these parts. And that is ALL i'm saying.

I greatly appreciate your bump. So, Thank you.

Hao

The title says 28.5 or best offer. Just in case you haven't sold any cars lately, after market parts actually brings the value of the car down.

No where in my thread am I claiming my car has never been modified. While the car did have basic bolt on parts installed and tuned by a professional mechanic, these are nothing out of the ordinary. The reason I took off the bolt on's was because you rarely can get the money you put into these parts. And that is ALL i'm saying.

So, you're implying that the value of your car is higher than usual because aftermarket parts bring the value of the car down (which implies, whether you intended to or not, that the car was never modified), and now that someone has called you out, you're admitting it was modified and trying to rationalize it. Aftermarket parts don't bring down a car's value, modifications do.

Sounds shady :rolleyes:.

Sounds shady :rolleyes:.

Sure does.

I paid 28.8 out of the door (tax tag, etc) 2009 spec B with the same things as you mentioned. it only had 9 miles on her though :)

oh yeah i also got a huge subaru banner from their wall and a few odds and ends t-shirts, jackets, etc :)

due to traction i was only able to hit a 1.9 and ran a 13.3. for my launching technique? 5k and dropped the clutch, wheel spin galore.

yeah, terrible driving on my part. tires spun for at least 50 of the 60 feet :)

Went to my first HPDE this weekend and needless to say ended up in areas where i shouldn't be. At the end of the 2 day event I noticed that i have collected lots of track marbles on my tires. there are about 1/5" extra rubber over the entire 4 tires and i'm looking for recommendations on how to remove them.

did a few 1st gear burn outs but there are plenty more left. any recommendation is appreciated.

So you paid $28k for it new, put a whole bunch of go fast bits on it, beat the piss out of it, sold (or trying to sell) all the aftermarket parts, and are now trying to sell it for as much as you got it for 2 years and 18,000 racing miles ago.

Oh, here's another bump for you.

OP, please read and insert missing info:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/member-classifieds-car-sale-rules-buyers-and-sellers-read-before-155552.html

your welcome for the free bump:rolleyes:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Sure does.

So you paid $28k for it new, put a whole bunch of go fast bits on it, beat the piss out of it, sold (or trying to sell) all the aftermarket parts, and are now trying to sell it for as much as you got it for 2 years and 18,000 racing miles ago.

Caught, red handed!

Thanks for taking the time to go through 3 years worth of my threads. It really makes me feel special that you spent all this time on me. :icon_bigg

If you think stage 2 with it's standard bolt on parts are "whole bunch of go fast bits" then i guess you drive your car stock. I really honestly wished i could get 18,000 miles worth of track time. 1 drag strip trip and 2 HPDE at novice level would hardly consider beat the piss out of it but i okay i get your point.

Honestly, i agree that the asking price is really high which is why i put "best offer". Since i have gotten alot of low ballers already I figure the high price mark will reduce that a bit. I will update my thread accordingly (thanks Mod).

And clearly hes no longer accepting offers, so now it's firm 26k. The price of a new 2012 wrx :lol:

I just followed the template that the mod provided. Is KBB private sales for (Good Condition) not a fair asking price? If not, what do you think i should sell it for?

Why bring up a 2012 wrx? You really would take a wrx over a legacy but yet you drive a legacy yourself and sits on the forum?

Archived