LegacyGT.com

2009 engine shot

the engine in my 2009 legacy is blown. i found a 2008 engine from a legacy. will it fit in my car?

Yes as long as it is a EJ253(Non Turbo Engine) the 08 will plug and play with your car. Have you figured out the cause? If it is Oil starvation then you are right by getting a new engine as they wont replace that under warranty.

Once you get the new engine it will be as simple as pulling the blown engine and swapping over the accessories.

Just had something similar happen to me this month. Read: Commute Catastrohe in the pictures forum. Should've posted here, but.. noob mistake.

Anyway, after the dealer tore it apart to see what was wrong, I shot an email to SOA. The customer service rep I got worked directly with the district service manager and my dealership to hook me up. Ended going 50/50 on damn near a total rebuild for me. Might be worth sending a feeler mail out to SOA customer service.

If you can't prove regular oil changes and you have a oil starved blown engine you better pray the oil pump went bad or some other manufacturing related issue is the cause. The dealer will not give you slack on the engine.

I fought with my dealer for two months over a bad TOB at 12K miles on the clock.

I hope you can get it fixed under warranty.

• 7 months later...

I believe the turbo GT eats oil. My 3.0R doesn't eat oil at all and I check my oil cleanness regularly.

I am quite surprise to see a 2.5i blowing an engine. I thought the N/A engines in these Subaru are bulletproof. Apparently not.

I think it has to do with the 2.5i missing the oil heater that we do not burn oil:

http://store.ncrally.com/catalog/images/vf40%20001.jpg

:hide::lol:

---

Archived