LegacyGT.com

2007 Legacy GT vs. 2006 Legacy GT Spec B??

john_rt

Hi,

I had finally decided on purchasing the 2007 GT and was just waiting to get my financing but today, I noticed that a dealership was selling the 2006 Spec B for about 2.5K US more than the 2007 Legacy GT. My wife totally nixed the 2007 spec B as it costs too much but this option is within my budget.

Anyone have an opinion between these two cars? I am not too happy about the brick red leather seats for the 2006 spec b but is the spec B worth it? Any opinions wanted.

thanks

nope you get more out of your 2007 GT including rear folding split seats, Sat radio capability and aux ipod input, which the 2006 legacy spec B does not have, plus you can upgrade your own suspension for cheaper than the 2.5K price difference.

Ed

The 6 speed is a huge plus! But I agree, get the '07 with all the new goodies. Downsides, no 6 speed, lesser suspension & lose the spec-b appeal. Up sides: aux in, sat, split seats, the new dial thing on the center console (i forget it's name), longer warranty period, better asthetics in interior (in my opinion) and 2.5k in your pocket. A big deciding factor for me would be if you are getting a manual or auto, as the manual will be a significant improvment w/ 6 speed, but if you want an auto, who cares.

Good luck and congrats on your new Suby!

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Congratulations!! I think you made the right decision with the 2007 GT because of a couple of new features on the '07. Plus you could alway upgrade to make yours better than the spec b. 06/07 if you decide to go that route. Now go drive and enjoy!
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

The 6 speed is a huge plus! But I agree, get the '07 with all the new goodies. Downsides, no 6 speed, lesser suspension & lose the spec-b appeal. Up sides: aux in, sat, split seats, the new dial thing on the center console (i forget it's name), longer warranty period, better asthetics in interior (in my opinion) and 2.5k in your pocket.

Read the original post, he said an 06 spec B vs an 07 LGT, not 07 Spec B

Ed

Why not drive them and see which you like better.

I have a 2006 Spec B, I like it a lot.

From my point of view:

2006 Spec B

Better suspension (aluminum components, Bilsteon Shocks, no you cannot by this for 2.5k as others have said)

No horrible fake wood

No folding rear seat to squeak and groan

No silly variabl engine map controlled by a fake iDrive wheel where seat heat switches should be located

5 Good gears which are great around town and on the freeway up to about 90 mph (do you cruise over 90 mph where you live?)

I like the old style radio controls and dash better than the updated one. I can change the radio stations and volume with gloves on.

Nav System with Manual Trans. IF you like this nav, this is a plus. I do not like the Nav, it is the worst that I have ever used by far.

Brick Red Seats. I like them, others do not. You must decide on your own about that.

Wing; I spent $1000 to have a new decklid painted and installed to rid myself of that horrible rear spoiler.

2007 Legacy

Great Car

Bad Fake Wood

Engine Mapping iDrive doo-hicky is silly; why bother?

Yes you can mod it, but I doubt you will beat the smooth ride and very good cornering performance of the 06 Spec B.

I-Pod and Sat Radio are a real plus.

2006 Spec B

You must be the only person on these forums to consider the rear folding seats a minus instead of a plus. Mine do not squeak and groan at all under rough or smooth driving conditions so i dont know what youre talking about here. And practically every 05-06 owner i know wishes they had this in their car, and it nearly gives the cargo capacity of a wagon with the seats folded down.

Ed

I can change the radio stations and volume with gloves on.

??? Dumbest pro ever. Are you a motorcoach racer from 1920 or something? The red baron of legacies? :lol:

...sporting the hottest Legacy on the westside of my block:icon_bigg

Ok...great,

thanks guys,

I will stick with the LGT 2007,

now i just have to import it to canada :)

One caveat on the importing is that warranty coverage may be an issue, if you search you may find a thread on the topic. Apparently dealers up here dont have to give you warranty service.

The LGT is a fun car and is easy to mod if you want increased performance. Sooo much cheaper in the US, enjoy

nope you get more out of your 2007 GT including rear folding split seats, Sat radio capability and aux ipod input, which the 2006 legacy spec B does not have, plus you can upgrade your own suspension for cheaper than the 2.5K price difference.

Ed

From what I've seen, Ed's advice is always spot on. I'd listen to him and get an 07 GT.

First to elxkid, since his response to my post was so polite.

I was giving real world advice about the gloves; it is nice to be able to change the radio stations when the car is cold without removing your gloves. Here in the Midwest it is 10F as a high temp some days and much, much colder at night.

That said, I was trying to help, and you decided to be a prick and make a personal attack. Listen you little turd, if I were standing face to face with you, would you still be so rude? Grow up.

I stand by my comparison of a 06 Spec B and an 07 Legacy. The folding back seat may be a big deal if you only have 1 car in your household. I have noticed that every car that I have ever owned with a folding back seat squeaks more than one witihout including VW's, Saabs, Volvo's and BMW's. I believe all you that say your Legacy with the folding seat is quiet. Subaru must know something that all those other carmakers must not.

Just drive the cars and see what you like better.

Douglas, I just ribbed you a bit, there was nothing vicious behind my comment. This is legacygt.com, believe me you can tell the difference when someone is trying to be a dick (which I certainly am not) and someone is just making a harmless joke. As a token of reconciliation, I will send you these gloves. They really help you grip the steering wheel and change the radio stations in sub-freezing temps while making a serious fashion statement.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/elxkid/leo.jpg:wub:

...sporting the hottest Legacy on the westside of my block:icon_bigg

^ His wife said no '07 spec.B. The '06 spec.B still comes with 5MT. Personally the price sounds too much for the spec.B and like Ed said, the '07 has many improvements regarding creature comforts.

06 Spec.B is teh faster.

Suspension is miles ahead.

Brick red leather interior FTW.

What's an "aux in"? Is that for pussies who don't pay attention to driving a kick ass all weather performer?

Congratulations!! I think you made the right decision with the 2007 GT because of a couple of new features on the '07. Plus you could alway upgrade to make yours better than the spec b. 06/07 if you decide to go that route. Now go drive and enjoy!

The LGT is an inferior car.

06 Spec.B paint! :wub:

18" Wheels.

Excellent summer rubber!

Nav!

Did I mention that the 06 Spec. is teh fasterer?

I have a 2006 Spec B, I like it a lot.

From my point of view:

2006 Spec B

Better suspension (aluminum components, Bilsteon Shocks, no you cannot by this for 2.5k as others have said)

No horrible fake wood

No silly variabl engine map controlled by a fake iDrive wheel where seat heat switches should be located

5 Good gears which are great around town and on the freeway up to about 90 mph (do you cruise over 90 mph where you live?)

I like the old style radio controls and dash better than the updated one. I can change the radio stations and volume with gloves on.

Nav System with Manual Trans. IF you like this nav, this is a plus. I do not like the Nav, it is the worst that I have ever used by far.

Brick Red Seats. I like them, others do not. You must decide on your own about that.

Wing; I spent $1000 to have a new decklid painted and installed to rid myself of that horrible rear spoiler.

2007 Legacy

Great Car

Bad Fake Wood

Engine Mapping iDrive doo-hicky is silly; why bother?

Yes you can mod it, but I doubt you will beat the smooth ride and very good cornering performance of the 06 Spec B.

I-Pod and Sat Radio are a real plus.

You need glasses.

Summer rubber is FTW.

Steering wheel audio for checking traffic reports while listening to complete Wagner operas.

Nav. works great.

Spoiler? Use it or lose it. Who cares?

One caveat on the importing is that warranty coverage may be an issue, if you search you may find a thread on the topic. Apparently dealers up here dont have to give you warranty service.

Not true. No evidence for that in any way.

The LGT is a fun car and is easy to mod if you want increased performance. Sooo much cheaper in the US, enjoy

At least the LGT has a lame ass suspension.

Bilsteins and aluminum controls arms with 18" wheels FTW.

I do think it comes to price. 2007 LGT v. 2006 Spec B. is a good matchup, you do get some interior extras on the '07, the '06 is faster, but nothing 1.5k or so can't fix in the future. The red leather, so-so nav, that's your choice. If you can afford the B and don't care much for the split seats and aux in but like the factory nav and red leather, than get the '06.

Archived