LegacyGT.com

2007 GT spec b? or reg GT

Sniperdan

ok so i have one last question..... in 3 parts......

#1- 5EAT or 6 speed? i'm looking for 375whp can they both take it or is one better?

#2 anyone driven both Spec b and GT, witch suspension is better for daily commutes and occasional track runs?

#3 Why does the dyno maps at Cobb say that the boost comes on at 14psi then taper off to 11psi at redline?

#1) That's up to you. I know cars with that power on both types of trans running fine. I've also read about cars with that power with trans problems. You will likely need to upgrade the clutch on a 5MT/6MT or the valve body on a 5EAT to support that power.

#2) In completely stock form, all other factors aside... SpecB suspension would be the better commuter w/ occasional track duty. Both can be upgraded and would be likely so if you plan on track time. If you plan on tracking the car more than once, you'll definitely be wanting/needing upgrades to springs and sways. I wouldn't want to drive either car with stock suspension at the track for very long.

#3) The stock IHI VF series turbo is small which helps spool and smooth power delivery. This means it runs out of breath soon and the boost is tapered back at redline to keep it running in its efficiency range. If you were to hold boost steady to redline, you'd be blowing nothing but hot air into the engine and actually hurting your performance output.

ignore him, he'll go away.

thanks a bunch weasel, i'm trading my cobalt in soon for a legacy. i think i'm going with the spec b, i want the 6 speed, and the shocks i will not up grade for a while. so i hope the BILs will hold up for a while. i plan on in this order, turbo, exhaust and tune then sways later on. the track time is going to mostly be 1/4 at a time. going for a 12 flat.

Archived