LegacyGT.com

2.5i Owners What Rotors/Pads are you using?

I need to replace my pads/rotors, looking to see what other are using on there 2.5i.

I'm not sure what pads to use, i always used hawk hps on my other cars but didn't know if you guys preferred something else?

Pads:

Axxis (Deluxe)?

Hawk HPS

Rotors:

R1 Concepts (Premium Cross-Drilled - Slotted) Front/Back

Stock rears and Auto Zone Gold series Ceramic fronts no need for performance pads unless you drive very spirited or track it.

I would go back with Stock rotor or maybe the Centric Rotors with Hawk pads all around with DOT 5 fluid of any brand

i have centric rotors and akebono ACT pads, both available from tirerack

you could pm magnetic1, he's a brake vendor/guru around here, carries a few options for the 2.5i

and i agree any dot5 fluid is sufficient. i have motul 5.1 just cause the shop i went to carried it but otherwise i prob would have just gone with something less expensive.

Centric stuff is great and cheap. $29 pads and $40 rotors if you shop around (I installed them all around). It is not performance by any means, but it does stop the car for normal driving. +1 akebono pads are great and come on many vehicles stock. They are more $$ but will probably last longer/out brake my Centrics.

and i agree any dot5 fluid is sufficient. i have motul 5.1 just cause the shop i went to carried it but otherwise i prob would have just gone with something less expensive.
DOT 5 is really not good for ABS systems. It can really mess things up. DOT 5.1 on the other hand is made for ABS. Just don't want someone to read this and fill up on DOT 5. You can not mix dot 3/4/5.1 with 5 either. Bad juju!

• 2 weeks later...

CDN- where did you pick up your brake parts? I'm in the GTA, but travel to the Kingston area a fair bit to see the kids in college.

Curious as the setup is close to what I was looking at, and would especially like the lines...

DOT 5 is really not good for ABS systems. It can really mess things up. DOT 5.1 on the other hand is made for ABS. Just don't want someone to read this and fill up on DOT 5. You can not mix dot 3/4/5.1 with 5 either. Bad juju!

lol oops, my bust. thanks for the clarificaiton

CDN- where did you pick up your brake parts? I'm in the GTA, but travel to the Kingston area a fair bit to see the kids in college.

Curious as the setup is close to what I was looking at, and would especially like the lines...

Jimaa66,

got the pads from Magnetic1 and Technafit brake lines from RavSpec - both vendors here on the forum.

I'd recommend them both.

Jimaa66,

got the pads from Magnetic1 and Technafit brake lines from RavSpec - both vendors here on the forum.

I'd recommend them both.

Great. Thanks. Sorry for the hijack...

• 2 weeks later...
Stock rotors & HPS all around. Great feel when properly bedded.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• 4 weeks later...
I just got my car so I cannot say what rotors are on it but the pads say carquest so I am guessing a regular carquest rotor as well. The fluid is OEM spec nothing special I am sure, but she stops good enough for me. When it is time for brakes I would like to upgrade to some Hawk HPS pads and maybe some slotted rotors, although I am not totally convinced that I need slotted rotors since I dont really drive all that aggressively. I was reading a post on hear that mentioned a blue brake fluid that I have heard of several times (the name escapes me at the moment) but I will probably use that. My 60,000 service is coming up in a couple months so I will let you know definately then what I switch to.

I just picked up some PBR Deluxe pads (AKA: "Axxis" I believe) for all four wheels. PBR seems to have pretty good reviews and seem fairly priced at $61.20 shipped. I'll have to report back once I get them installed.

PBR deluxe are Axis metal masters, they're great pads but dust alot.

Archived