LegacyGT.com

2.5i Looking for some PeeeeOwer Increase

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is why im shaking my head at the build thread in the n/a section.

Hey Thread Head.....too bad I don't have 6 months to surf the Subaru Forum trying to find the Naturally Aspirated section. Thats why anyone can ask a simple FLIPPIN QUESTION and receive some direction.

LOCK IT UP ZIPPY!:cool:

To the rest Thanks for your assistance....posting the hyperlink to this Buried Link would be always appreciated as finding these links and what someone may be looking for is not always easy....as you all know as I listed in my ? there are only a few things that can be implemented and selling the car and buying a GT maybe one of them.

Hey Thread Head.....too bad I don't have 6 months to surf the Subaru Forum trying to find the Naturally Aspirated section. Thats why anyone can ask a simple FLIPPIN QUESTION and receive some direction.

LOCK IT UP ZIPPY!:cool:

To the rest Thanks for your assistance....posting the hyperlink to this Buried Link would be always appreciated as finding these links and what someone may be looking for is not always easy....as you all know as I listed in my ? there are only a few things that can be implemented and selling the car and buying a GT maybe one of them.

If you can't even find the N/A section I suggest you stick to hanging out at the mall.

If you can't even find the N/A section I suggest you stick to hanging out at the mall.

^^^^+++++++++++++++++++

Oh, and your socks are in your top drawer, or under your bed, or somewhere else in this mess.

And if you DO find the NA forum, don't forget to ask what intake you should get again, what headers fit, and who makes a chip for your car. Be sure to let them know about "JEG?". :lol: You,ll fit right in. :rolleyes:

Any one have some suggestions that will increase some horsepower on a 2.5i Non Turbo? Is it worth have the ECU reprogrammed by JEG? Cool Air Intake? is it safe in the north east...Rochester NY year around? Thanks MILES!

Hey man do not let them get to ya. I sold my 04 STI that was tuned and all the go fast goodies to get this 08 2.5i. Now i did not buy it to build it up motor\engine wise. On the other hand the car 2.5i performs very well on the harsh curvy back roads. (I am bone stock at the time). I plan on doing the FSB and RSB and I am waiting for the crucial springs , if they make them. Also I would never put parts on the car with out getting a tune. Also do more research on this car man. Next PLEASE donot put a turbo kit on it, cause I can just see the car dieing very quick.

2.5i and power?:lol: Ill restate the obvious just like everyone else has. GO FOR A LGT! Oh and the search is your friend!:lol:

Ditto. Don't even bother, sell it now and go buy a used GT. Don't forget not only is it better bang for your buck, you get a much better interior, springs, drive train etc. etc.

How does the GT have a better drivetrain? It uses the same 5speed manual as a 2.5i and uses the same AWD systrem.

as a former NA leggy owner, i can tell you from first hand experience, NOTHING you can buy or install on your car will make it significantly faster. NOTHING. I did several free and/or cheap mods for aestics and noise---cold air intake, new mufflers----and aside from a wee bit more noise and style points, they didn't amount to even a .10 of added hp.:confused:

And if some of the above responses seem harsh, it's only because every time someone buys an NA leggy, they start a thread, just like yours, without searching thru wealth of information already on the boards regarding the exact same questions.....:spin::spin:

in fact, if you had done a little research before hand, knowing that your main goal was power, you may not have purchased the NA and instead opted for a used LGT and then you would have had plenty of tuning and upgrade options for your new leggie...

btw, i've got a real clean 2007 LGT for sale......:)

as a former NA leggy owner, i can tell you from first hand experience, NOTHING you can buy or install on your car will make it significantly faster. NOTHING. I did several free and/or cheap mods for aestics and noise---cold air intake, new mufflers----and aside from a wee bit more noise and style points, they didn't amount to even a .10 of added hp.:confused:

And if some of the above responses seem harsh, it's only because every time someone buys an NA leggy, they start a thread, just like yours, without searching thru wealth of information already on the boards regarding the exact same questions.....:spin::spin:

in fact, if you had done a little research before hand, knowing that your main goal was power, you may not have purchased the NA and instead opted for a used LGT and then you would have had plenty of tuning and upgrade options for your new leggie...

btw, i've got a real clean 2007 LGT for sale......:)

I am a NA owner and I never asked the question about power but simply searched and got my answer.

I would like to cite to all of you people who say "but a used xt or gt" that not every one wants a used car, especially a turbo one. On top of that, a large percentage of us buying these cars are trading in cars where upside down in, and its hard or impossible to role negative equity into a used car vs a new car, where you have a lot more play.

Also some people (me and others Im sure) are not seeking the power of the turbo or flat 6 drive train, we simply would like an extra 5-10 hp that will help a bit in mid range and improve the top end on our cars.

I owned a SVT forcus and it was NA, people did alot with them. Just because its NA doesn't mean it sucks or cant make more then 5 more hp with bolt ons. It just ,means we didn't see the need or didnt want a turbo car. I had an S40 T5 I traded for my subaru wagon, and it was because the turbo was shit (so was the rest of the car though) so I don't even want to see a turbo ever again in my life.

Just another point of view for yall.

BTW OP I have the remapped NA Ecu from rallitec, legacy coilovers, a home made cai, and I had a guy mandrel bend me a 2.25" exaust and I feel the power gains (they where all done at once) I also enjoy the handling, my car was more about handling (auto x car) then power and I feel I have succeeded. Good luck :)

Amen.

I just graduated college, thought about getting a used LGT vs new 08 2.5i. Ended up getting the 2.5i because I didn't wanna pay more for insurance, more for premium gas, and more cash up front. (Used 05 LGT from the dealership cost as much as a new 08 2.5i after taxes).

I am a NA owner and I never asked the question about power but simply searched and got my answer.

I would like to cite to all of you people who say "but a used xt or gt" that not every one wants a used car, especially a turbo one. On top of that, a large percentage of us buying these cars are trading in cars where upside down in, and its hard or impossible to role negative equity into a used car vs a new car, where you have a lot more play.

Also some people (me and others Im sure) are not seeking the power of the turbo or flat 6 drive train, we simply would like an extra 5-10 hp that will help a bit in mid range and improve the top end on our cars.

I owned a SVT forcus and it was NA, people did alot with them. Just because its NA doesn't mean it sucks or cant make more then 5 more hp with bolt ons. It just ,means we didn't see the need or didnt want a turbo car. I had an S40 T5 I traded for my subaru wagon, and it was because the turbo was shit (so was the rest of the car though) so I don't even want to see a turbo ever again in my life.

Just another point of view for yall.

BTW OP I have the remapped NA Ecu from rallitec, legacy coilovers, a home made cai, and I had a guy mandrel bend me a 2.25" exaust and I feel the power gains (they where all done at once) I also enjoy the handling, my car was more about handling (auto x car) then power and I feel I have succeeded. Good luck :)

no one is saying that N/A cars suck. what they are saying is that N/A + 4cyl + heavy car = slow, which is what the 2.5i legacy is. And that you have to spen over $2k to get more than 15-20hp out the car which means there is little bang for your buck power wise. that being said, $2k + the price of a new 2.5i is very close to a new or almost new LGT.

and oh yeah, N/A cars suck :hide:

Amen.

I just graduated college, thought about getting a used LGT vs new 08 2.5i. Ended up getting the 2.5i because I didn't wanna pay more for insurance, more for premium gas, and more cash up front. (Used 05 LGT from the dealership cost as much as a new 08 2.5i after taxes).

There is reasons for that, better engine, better drive train, better suspension, better brakes, cool hood scoop lol.

If you dont care about those things then a 2.5i is great, but this guy wants more power out of a car that first of all isnt made to make power or to be modded and second has a drivetrain that cant hold the power of the lgt.

Cobb cams, engine management, EL headers, catless midpipe, intake, CBE & every other bolt on available should put you around 170 whp @ 5500rpms..

It's not worth it..

FYI, the drivetrain & suspension are the same LGT to 2.5i, as well as the interior in most cases..

you just can't mod an NA powertrain without specding thousands in motor work. so if somebody's out for more hp, an NA platform just is not going to deliver it.

i loved my NA, but after keeping for a year, i decided to buy a gt. they're both great cars....but only one is made to mod for maximum performance.....

you just can't mod an NA powertrain without specding thousands in motor work. so if somebody's out for more hp, an NA platform just is not going to deliver it.

i loved my NA, but after keeping for a year, i decided to buy a gt. they're both great cars....but only one is made to mod for maximum performance.....

Not if its auto

The N/A mod thing is different for lightwheight 4cyl cars where 15-20hp makes more of a difference, and for big displacement cars where a better breathing intake and exhaust makes more of a power increase. if the legacy 2.5i was 2300lbs like an old 90's honda. 15-20hp would be an awsome thing, but it weights 3400lbs so 15-20hp fell bearly there at all.

Archived