LegacyGT.com

2.5i Fog light installation question - Any Help Appreciated

lyh_chnxm

hi,

i have 05 legacy 2.5i which without fog light, only black covers on the front bumper. I am thinking about to install it by myself, but i am not sure what components i need

here is my list

Subaru Legacy Fog Lamp Bezel

Driver side:57731AG81ATE

Passenger side:57731AG80ATE

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/brandsportinc_2088_42747116http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/brandsportinc_2088_43319143

H3 3000K

this kind of bulbs, probably will tell my frz to bring one from japan

http://images.virtualvillage.com/002518-028/001.jpg

Here is the problem,

First one

since my car doesn't have fog light switch, do i really need to buy one from OEM after market? The no.4 in the pic is the OEM and it quotes me 76 for a switch, just a little bit expensive in my opinion.

7523445.gif

Second, is that necessary to buy the fog light kit which is almost $350?

part number:H4510AG030

Third, is there any pre install wire for the fog light so i can just plug in and connect them? I mean did subaru just take out the housing, bulbs and switch?

Many thanks once again in advance. :lol::lol:

#4 in the picture isn't the switch for the fog lights. that switch is for the power mirrors and heated wipers. The switch you need is part of the turn single headlight stalk. The switch to turn on fog lights is the ring on the stalk closest to the steering column.

I'm in the middle of a foglight install right now.

First of all, keep checking the member classifieds. I picked up two foglight housings with bulbs and the painted covers for about $80.

Everything is prewired! If you check behind your bumper, you will easily find the foglight wires. You just need a foglight relay and the turn signal stalk with the fog lamp switch. I picked both of these items up at the dealership. I believe the stalk was about $50+ dollars, just make sure you pick up the Legacy GT stalk. Stalk and relay were very easy to install.

If you buy used, make sure the seller includes the cables that connect the foglight housing to the foglight wires installed at the factory.

I'm not doing HID fogs yet, so I can't help you out, but there are plenty of walkthroughs on the site.

Good luck.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
The kit comes with the lights, signal stalk, bulbs, relay, and mounting screws. The bezels are sold separately. I'm attempting to install the stalk right now (literally, I'm sitting in the car, screw driver in hand). Can't get the top piece of plastic off the wheel though.

• 4 months later...

I just picked up my 2008, i'm wondering if the wiring for the fogs is ran already? Is replacement of the stalk required? Is the wiring already present where the new stalk mounts?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the wiring is there.

You will need, the fogs, the stalk and the fog relay. Everything is there. You just need to hookup the fogs to the wire harness found in the bumper, plug in the relay under the dash, and install the new turn signal stalk.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
Does the bezel install directly to the black fog light blanks on the bumpers?
That insert comes out of the bumper and the one with a hole cut in it takes it's place. They clip in. Careful with the tabs. Once they're lined up, it may take some force to get them to clip in properly. Just take your time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Archived