LegacyGT.com

Ok so I know it's been covered before but I am still VERY confused on what exactly needs to happen to an 08 2.5i to have a full exhuast? I'm really only looking to maybe get a high flow catted downpipe and an axleback.. But to my understanding a GT catback can fit somehow but what do I need to buy other than the catback to hook it up to the 2.5i

Flame away for not searching but I HAVE and am still confused..

Whoa whoa whoa !

You only need to search for LEgacy GT Catbacks nothing else exists for your 2.5i. NO headers, no high flow cat, and you dont need a down pipe b/c you dont have a turbo.

If you want more than a catback for your 2.5i then you will have to get it fabricated. Again no HFC, no UEL, and no DP :lol: Only a Cat back exhaust made for a LGT that is the ONLY bolt on exhaust part that exists for the 2.5i

Personally I think it would be cool to see a down pipe on a 2.5i but thats just me. It should add at least 15WHP.

It has been done but not on a BL.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/GEE-OTTO/bf6w073h.jpg

That is a Ej251 from a RS that ran a stock turbo manifold and had a custom UP/DP made to go up and over the lower cross member and tie back into the rest of the exhaust

Subaru unified the catbacks (well, at least from 06....) so that they fit across the board. When there was a difference, it was Wagon/Sedan/Outback muffler differences. Sedan has shorter tips, Wagon has longer tips, and Outback has downturned tips. But the midpipe assembly is the same!

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

So what would be another bolt on alternative to the HKS with that similar sound?

Im trying to think what sounds like the Hi-Powaa but doesn't cost like the Hi-Powaa......Thats tough:eek:

Well for your 2.5i I would seriously look at Y-pipe axleback mix. I really want to run a pair of FlowMaster 60 Series with a 2.25 resonated Y-pipe. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry if this has been answered but are the Cans from an '09 spec. B sedan any different than a '05 2.5i sedan?

thanks

Exact same exhaust period minus the tip just for a little bit :lol: You can put the Spec.B factory CBE on a LGT or a 2.5i no problems

spec B and the LGT should have the same cans. i think the tips are just a bit different between the GT and 2.5i

Cans are interchangeable, the LGT just a bit prettier.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

now here's a question that may cause some hate or some bashing on myself, but I just have to ask here

I love the sound of the Infiniti's exhaust and would love to have anything that is anywhere similar to it, i know people will just say get out of the subaru forum, buy yourself an infiniti and never come back, but I love my Legacy. I just love that one particular aspect of the Infinitis. Is there anything on the market I can just bolt on to have it sound like it? or am I just out of luck?

Archived