LegacyGT.com

2.5 GT Auto vs 3.0R

Just test drove the new 2.5GT Auto and the new 3.0R Legacy. Loved them both. Obviously very similar. Basically choosing between the turbo charged 4 and the 6 cylinder. Both seemed to drive very quick. Any opinions or recommendations out there? Thanks!

You plan on modding any? If you are, you can't really even consider the 3.0R. If you are looking for something very smooth to just drive around, and you are only looking at maybe upgrading the suspension (3.0R has Bilsteins from the factory though) and looks, the 3.0R is the one to get. How is the low end on the 3.0R? Didn't they revise the engine mapping so it's less peaky and like the turbos? I need to test drive one....

The 2.5 turbo LGT is faster right out of the box.

Jes but its also a turbo and from the sounds of it it doesnt sound like he will notice the slight torque loss of the 3.0 vs not having to deal with any lag

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Jes but its also a turbo and from the sounds of it it doesnt sound like he will notice the slight torque loss of the 3.0 vs not having to deal with any lag

Turbo lag is quite minimal but for the AT the 3l would be more even.

Just picked up my 3.0R tonight. Surprisingly it goes real well, not as strong as the GT down low, but in the upper R's it does pull hard. Rev-matching with the paddle shifter is pretty cool too. The new AT is nice.

I'm not disappointed with the power at all.

Brakes are way better than my 05, stereo is 1,000 times better too. Seems bigger in the interior also for some reason.

Some of you guys kill me. What are you guys street racers or what?

Congrats on the purchase. I always just tell people to get what they want, and dont worry about what anyone else has to say. You are the one that has to drive it! I bet the 3.0 is a smooth driving machine!

Congrats!!!!

Just picked up my 3.0R tonight. Surprisingly it goes real well, not as strong as the GT down low, but in the upper R's it does pull hard. Rev-matching with the paddle shifter is pretty cool too. The new AT is nice.

I'm not disappointed with the power at all.

Brakes are way better than my 05, stereo is 1,000 times better too. Seems bigger in the interior also for some reason.

Some of you guys kill me. What are you guys street racers or what?

Some of use cant let go of 0-60 times... some of us want to be the fastar, and some of us enjoy the fact that there are hundreds of modification options for the turbo cars..

oh and dont forget that the only other choice was the 2.5i till 08 (as far as legacies are concerned minus the outback 3.0)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Test drove the 3.0R Last week. It sounds sooooooooooo nice and its extremely smooth to drive. hah i felt like doing a trade in on the spot.. LOL

And definitely its pretty quick, congrats on the purchase!

from the stats i saw...they made the 2.5t slower and the 3.0 quicker. the gear ratios are changed now. supposedly the shifts are quicker but the ratios have been changed for slower acceleration on the turbo.

since subaru didn't seem to care soo much about the turbos top end, it would be no surprise if the 3.0 can do it better.

but...

I LOVE that push from the turbo.

it's really a tough call now. quicker ratio slower shift (07) or slower ratio quicker shift (08).

the final drive should be an easy swap though right?

for the billionth time :rolleyes:

If you dont stomp the pedal on a 5eat, pick-up is really quick.

When people floor a boosted 4 cylinder engine, they arent going to get the same response as flooring a new NA 469 hp AMG V8 auto.

joy to you and me

I ust got an '08 2.5GT. Personally,I really liked the look of the hood scoop, the low end power, the turbo boost, and the ability for upgrades in the future. I got an 5EAT and it drives great, check my other posts and I've commented on this alot in other threads. I'll put some links to threads we've discussed things like this in, just for more info (and to save me typing it again) but I love the AT (i daily drive mine to work) and it's not too far off from the MT IMO. Read these threads for more about this type of debate.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65678

Pretty much the same debte, maybe a mod wants to combine?

and

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64241

more a debate of MT vs AT for '08

Like I told the other guy, trust your gut it usually steers you right. Either way your ending up with a VERY nice car!

for the billionth time :rolleyes:

If you dont stomp the pedal on a 5eat, pick-up is really quick.

When people floor a boosted 4 cylinder engine, they arent going to get the same response as flooring a new NA 469 hp AMG V8 auto.

same problem i had on the 04 wrx auto

it's called "injector flood"

either 3/4 then to the floor or full progressive.

Archived