LegacyGT.com

Cherry Red STi Dead Pedal to match OEM STi Pedals?

Dr. Zevil

Well, this is my first endeavor.. I am looking for a STi dead pedal for the OEM STi set of pedals that I got with my GT. It looks like they are available from some places, but I can't seem to find the single pedal. Can anyone help with my search? Perhaps I can get something special ordered if I knew what the part number was for the individual pedal. They must offer them in the UK or somewhere! Any help is much appreciated. [img]http://www.kastleskorner.com/store/images/stipedals.jpg[/img] These look like they are LHD right? HELP!!!!

thanks for starting the thread. I know that when I get the GT, with the pedal set, I will also be looking for the same dead pedal...without having to deal with buying a whole new set...which really bites the big one. Hopefully, someone gets their act together, and starts selling the dead pedal in and of itself. I will also be on the lookout, and will post if I find anything. later, i.

apparently the set that I have in the pic above was still the RHD version. as Mastro said in another thread, it must take some work to get it on but it will work. Nothing is going to work if we can't get the individual pedal though. I will not buy the whole set just for that one pedal.

darn. Maybe there is a way to create an 'adapter' so that the RHD version of the dead pedal will fit easier? Not sure...but what is the 'black' piece of plastic, (in one of the pictures that you posted a link to earlier) used for? Is that a possible adapter? Not sure, but agreed...not going to buy a whole set to replace one pedal. i.

That piece of black metal is a bracket for the RHD dead pedal to be attached to the car. It's essentially useless in a LHD car. I think it's a bunch of crap that we can't get a LHD dead pedal. To be honest. It's the one thing that bother's me. I think there would be a suitable way for me to attach the dead pedal, but I don't really want to screw holes in, or glue anything to the floor of my brand new GT. I will keep looking.

could the RHD version be attached to the 'old' rubber deal pedal, and then be put back on? As in, secure the RDH version of the dead pedal to the rubber one, from the LHD car, and then put the rubber pedal back in it's place? Wonder if that could be done, or would even work? Something's gotta give. i.

THat's what I was considering doing.. fastening the new dead pedal onto the old by drilling some bolts through it, then reattaching it to the car. I had just heard that in the WRX, that the plastic dead pedal is much bigger than the STi dead pedal. Some people said it lacks fit and finish. I don't think it will look bad if done correctly, now to see if we can even get it separately.

yeah, true...that's the last concern. Oh well...if it can't be done, yet, maybe I can pain the stock deal pedal cherry blossom red...hehe...although, I doubt I will. I think that would be too fake! Oh well, good luck on the searches...I haven't found anything yet!

could the RHD version be attached to the 'old' rubber deal pedal, and then be put back on?

As in, secure the RDH version of the dead pedal to the rubber one, from the LHD car, and then put the rubber pedal back in it's place?

Wonder if that could be done, or would even work?

You are in fact correct, it can be done and was done on my 2.5RS. The only problem, and it's only a problem if you demand perfection, is that the STi deadpedal is not only smaller but a completely different shape than the stock rectangular deadpedal.

What you are left with is something looking like this:

deadpedal1small.jpg.868422b02607f1792b6ae5418ecd9ed7.jpg

Archived