LegacyGT.com

No Legacy GT for us....

Well, after much thinking and talking with my missus, we've decided to keep our 01 RS for a little longer. We both love the 2005 GT. However instead of having to restart a new car loan payment which may jeopardize our Europe trip in Spring 06, we will just continue with our RS (paid off). So thanks for the wonderful information that's on this forum. Will continue to lurk. Perhaps the 2006 will have some nice improvements too. :) Thanks all!!!

[quote name='Two-Five Sti-L']You're not alone. I've been considering the 05's as well but several factors such as car pymt, 1st yr production, "weak stereo", and lack of fold down rear seat have forced my hand to wait at least an extra yr. Hopefully the newer models will amend such quirks of mine.[/quote] I think that fiscal reasons are valid ones. The first year production needn't be a concern, as that engine has been wrung out to dry, and the STi has already shown us that the electroluminescent gauges are reliable. Everything else in the car is basic stuff. Oh, and the wagon's rear seats fold down just fine. They make a Legacy sedan AND wagon. The sedan's seats don't fold down, this is true. And the stereo can make my ears bleed. It might not be what someone wants, but "weak" it isn't. Europe is a fabulous place. My wife and I are spending three weeks there in two weeks. Can't wait. Cycling, a Peugeot 307 wagon, food, sunshine...aaaahhh. :D Kevin

[quote name='"gtguy'] I think that fiscal reasons are valid ones. The first year production needn't be a concern, as that engine has been wrung out to dry, and the STi has already shown us that the electroluminescent gauges are reliable. Everything else in the car is basic stuff. Oh, and the wagon's rear seats fold down just fine. They make a Legacy sedan AND wagon. The sedan's seats don't fold down, this is true. And the stereo can make my ears bleed. It might not be what someone wants, but "weak" it isn't. Kevin[/quote] Well, I'm concerned w/the overall quality of a 1st yr vehicle besides the engine. We all know that the TSB's are usually issued on the 1st or 2nd yr vehicles. Sube has been very good in this dept. but it doesn't hurt to wait a bit. All the R&D that they do does not compare to real world consumer miles, feedback and compliants. As for the seats, I definitely want the sedan so that must wait. Lastly, perhaps I should have stated my preference for the McIntosh unit, whether it be std. equipment or as an option. I usually don't like to fiddle w/car audio so preferrably I would like to get the best "OEM" unit available.

[quote]Europe is a fabulous place. My wife and I are spending three weeks there in two weeks. Can't wait. Cycling, a Peugeot 307 wagon, food, sunshine...aaaahhh. [/quote] Yeah! That's why we are opting for that and delaying the purchase of the Legacy. We'll be going to France and Italy (Tuscany & Venice). Gonna try to rent a SMART to drive around Tuscany area. hehehehehe! Besides, the dealer told us that there will be a 3month wait for the particular legacy we wanted([i]no thanks to you Yanks grabbing everything[/i]!). so....

That's definitely a valid reason for not buying now. I'll make sure Subaru hears about any "bugs" as soon as I find some. 2500 miles and lovin' every minute! :wink: Kev - Have a great time cycling in France! Probably a good idea to wait until after all the craziness of the TdF so you can actually RIDE your bike rather than walk it. BTW, why are you pissed and where did you go? wunderkind - You'll have to come back and let us know how much you liked Tuscany. Have a great time! (I know it's not until next year...) Cheers! -Ian

[quote name='goneskiian']Kev - Have a great time cycling in France! Probably a good idea to wait until after all the craziness of the TdF so you can actually RIDE your bike rather than walk it. BTW, why are you pissed and where did you go?-Ian[/quote] I went away to let this place settle down from all the WRX-like stupidity. But when colleagues began citing idiotic things to me that they read at that "Legacy STi site," it seemed like a grownup was needed. My presence won't be that consistent. I just can't take seeing that many blow-off valve, or "suspension that has no body roll, lowers the car 2 inches and has stock-like ride quality" questions. I'm SO geeked about France. This is our fourth year, and I've taken my bike every year. But for the first time, I am racing fit (again), and am looking forward to doing a few longish rides, including the ride from Pezenas (home base) to Millau, a route that includes a second and a couple of third-category climbs, plus a great lunch in Millau. Last year I rode about 100km daily, usually more, however, and dropped about 10 lbs in three weeks there, despite eating my way through the south. :lol: We'll see about this year. Back on topic, those are good points about the first-year cars. Real-world use does indeed bring out the gremlins. I guess that I assuaged such concerns by realizing that the engine was tried-and-true, and as for the rest of the car... Plus, I just couldn't wait to be a Legacy owner again, after a too-long visit to the Impreza camp. Kevin

Uhhh.... Us Yanks have our own Legacy plant :P Your Legacy is coming from Gunma, Japan. [quote name='wunderkind'][quote]Europe is a fabulous place. My wife and I are spending three weeks there in two weeks. Can't wait. Cycling, a Peugeot 307 wagon, food, sunshine...aaaahhh. [/quote] Yeah! That's why we are opting for that and delaying the purchase of the Legacy. We'll be going to France and Italy (Tuscany & Venice). Gonna try to rent a SMART to drive around Tuscany area. hehehehehe! Besides, the dealer told us that there will be a 3month wait for the particular legacy we wanted([i]no thanks to you Yanks grabbing everything[/i]!). so....[/quote]

Archived