LegacyGT.com

15mpg!!!!!

i just brought the new 06 LGT AT and the mile is very terrible low for only 188miles from full tank to emty then i fill up about 12 gallons to be full .i do use alot of AC and sometimes use SPORT to REV about 5000 rpm .is any problems with the car >>??please give me some opinion and how'bout u guys MPG:icon_conf

TONS of threads about this topic...search for it please...

And yes, the MPG in this car is anything but pretty.

If you are a spirited driver (ie-steppin on it all the time...), don't look for much more than what you are getting...

Let off a little bit and you should see around 18mpg w/ some spirited driving in the city...

It's already been said but yes, you have to break in the car first. Then it also matters on how you drive it. I got 30mpg on the highway last night, course it was right after a fill up and I was driving 65 mph w/ cruise control when I could, but it is possible. My car is also stage 2 btw.

Only way to increase gas mileage, is to leave it out of sportshift. Also, it gets a bit better as you break the engine in.

+1 on the break in, i have an 06 as well (5MT though) and saw an increase from ~18mpg (7mi on the odo when i got it )to ~24mpg around town after break in at ~1kmi. i think alot of it comes from the ECU learning and stuff too. i broke mine in semi-hard

You guys think that's bad?

The salesman from subaru redlined my car w/ 4 miles on it

when picking it up from another dealership!!!

i dont know about all that, but i dont think you have to baby the engine like you used too. with the precise tolerances and new technology i think you can run it right off the line. i would give it atleast 100 miles for everything to get situated. although it is just my opinion and this depends on the person. :icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr

• 2 weeks later...
Everyone has their options on break in, but I think the manual actually says something similar to keep it below 4k rpms for the first thousand miles. .

What it says

The performance and long life of your vehicle are dependent on how you handle and care for your vehicle while it is new.

Follow these instructions during the first 1,000 miles (1,600 km):

* Do not race the engine. And do not allow engine speed to exceed 4,000 rpm except in an emergency.

* Do not drive at one constant engine or vehicle speed for a long time, either fast or slow.

* Avoid starting suddenly and rapid acceleration, except in an emergency.

----

Apparently, my "emergency" right after picking up my car with 47 miles on it, was to completely blow away an Audi TT from a light just outside of Napa on Hwy 29. That's when I decided I was really going to like this car.

Took it easy on the engine for the next 900 miles.

I'd be a little disturbed by 15 mpg. That seems really low. Most of my driving is stop and go, short distances to work and my mileage hasn't really wavered from 19.5 mpg since purchase. If I drive all highway with cruise at 65 mph, it will get up to 27 to 28 mpg. I'd watch the consumption over the break-in.

Be well and enjoy the new steed.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

we have done a test and we dove a new LGT wgn like we stole it and one we kept under 4k for 3000mi.

the 1st LGT now burns so much oil, when we do an oil change we measured 4.1qt of oil on first oil change (@ 3000mi) and 2nd oil change (@ 6000mi) was 3.8qt.

the 2nd LGT measured 4.6qt of oil (@ 500mi) and 4.5qt of oil (@3000mi).

we use castrol GTX 5-30 on both cars w/ OEM filters.

both were mostly highway driven.

both are suby tech owned

i just brought the new 06 LGT AT and the mile is very terrible low for only 188miles from full tank to emty then i fill up about 12 gallons to be full .i do use alot of AC and sometimes use SPORT to REV about 5000 rpm .is any problems with the car >>??please give me some opinion and how'bout u guys MPG:icon_conf

Since you just bought the car I am going to assume that the full tank came from the dealer. You don't know what brand of gas they used. How many miles were on it when you took delivery? Generally they will "function test" the vehicle. I have bought 3 new cars in the past 4 years and all have had between 10 & 20 miles on them.

RPMs don't matter as much as throttle position. When I first got my LGT I probably only got about 15mpg since I was gunning it from every stop.

12 gallons isn't even close to being empty.

I drove to the coast and back yesterday - 200 miles each way. 28mpg each way. Only hit triple digits once - passed 3 cars going 15 under on a 2 lane road. regular driving I get around 23mpg.

Hmmm... worst spelling/grammar I've ever seen.:confused: but seriously, try taking the E-brake off and see if it improves your MPG.:icon_wink

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Archived