LegacyGT.com

15mm 5x100 to 5x114 Wheel Adaptors - STI BBS

rickashay

I just picked up a set of GR STI BBS Wheels for my LGT. Wheel specs are 18x8.5 +55mm, and tires they came with are 245/40/18.

I need some adaptors obviously to run them and was about to pull the trigger on some of the ISC 15mm adaptors, which would bring my offset to an effective +40mm.

Offset and tire fitment is a whole other can of worms, but at this point I'm trying to find out if the 15mm spacers will yelid enough clearance on the BBS wheels. Anyone have any experience?

I know the back of the BBS wheels are "notched" and should fit, but I've seen some WRX pictures in my searching that shows the lugs poking through too far. If this is the case with the Legacy, I would need either a slightly longer spacer (say 17mm instead of 15mm) or I cut the OEM lugs down slightly. I am hoping the 15mm spacers will work.

I've tried to search, and know people on here are running these wheels but can't find any comments on this specific information. Thanks for the help.

15996622064_fa8b69670f_b.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

Check out scooby2.5

He did the same thing just on his outback xt. He used this for reference

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f72/how-fit-5x114-3-2011-sti-wheels-your-5x100-forester-dont-try-home-110581/

Yah great reference site. However the BBS wheels I have do not have the same depth in the rear of the wheels for the lugs to fit through.

Willtheyfit.com is the biggest life safer

Also good for general offset and wheel fitment questions, but I know my offset will be fine. I'm specifically worried about the spacers and these wheels.

I ran bbs rk28 wheels on my obxt with 15 spacers and had no issue, wish I could afford your wheels. Look great!

Thanks!

So I've done further research to the best of my abilities. The 15mm spacers will give me the fitment I'm after. The problem is that the factory hub stubs are too long, leaving me with a couple options:

A) I run a 20mm spacer, which gives the studs the fitment that they need but then I will have more wheel poke than I want.

B) I trim the factory studs down. I don't mind this option if I can re-tap them so the adaptors can still be easily removed to replace brakes and put my regular winter 5x100 wheels back on.

C) Better yet, maybe I can replace the hub studs with shorter ones, and run the desired 15mm spacers. Problem here though is that I can't find any studs of a shortened length. They all seem to be longer aftermarket 12x1.25 studs.

I would love some more feedback from the experienced. Thanks

I have 15mm and 25mm spacers with those wheels. 25mm is a bit extreme but it's what I'll run.

Just trim the studs and be done with it. If you're worried, thread the die on there first then cut it off and just remove the die.

For shorter studs, you'll probably have to go OEM and do some research on other cars with the same thread pitch and stud size and go from there.

Archived