LegacyGT.com

0Tyrael0s Legacy Build

To put it plain I got a promotion which means I have more money. More money = more car parts. So help me spend my money lol.

Ill start with my plans for the future and my order that ill be placing in the next month or two. I have another car getting work done right now so I at least have to wait until it gets back before this can go in the shop.

There are plenty of people (broknindarkagain) that know way more about swaps than I do so opinions, comments, ideas, even criticisms are welcome. Also if anyone has suggestions on where to get everything that would be great too. Feel free to point out the obvious too cause your obvious might be better than mine or someone else. Please help me out with all this as much as you can/want to.

My car:

1999 Legacy GT Limited with a 5speed. (white if that helps lol)

My long term plan:

Im basically going to end up with a 2006-2007 wrx with a legacy body over it. I already have 07 wrx suspension plus rear sway bar and front and rear endlinks.

My brakes are starting to go right now so I guess im going to do a complete conversion to 06-07 wrx brakes... unless someone has a better idea. Is there a reason I shouldn't do 06-07?

I could really use a short shifter too. But will this intrude on my future wrx tranny?

I also want to start my interior swap here in the next few months.

Also does anyone have suggestions about gauges? I was wondering if 01ish 2.5rs gauge cluster would swap right into the legacy, does anyone know?

So.... I guess ill just see what everyone has to say for now then ill make an order list based on everyone's opinions/info/suggestions. Ill post pics of my current car and then all the changes I make and how it goes.

Thanks everyone for reading!

Great choice going with the ej255 do you have one already to put in or is it on your to buy list. It might be a little hard getting ahold of such a new engine, you might want to look for an ej20 or a jdm ej20 as those are more common.

If you want the wiring to be taken care of professionally google iwire I he has done alot wiring swap and will merge the harness for you.

4pots are a great upgrade and bring as well the stopping power you will need. I see no need to steer you wrong. Just remeber if you are going all out on brakes might as well finish them.

-calipers

-pads

-rotors

-ss lines

-brake cylinder brace

I'm pretty sure the short shifters will fit any and all of our cars but someone can help me out with that

For the interior, you can go with the easiest thing, seats, I love my all black 05 (same as the 06 and 07s) seats. Depending on how far you want to go with interior it will require some custom fab such as to get the whole dash imported.

Yeah the ej255 is a tower of power. With cobbs access port alone it makes +45% more torque... which I find just insane. I plan on leaving the turbo and pretty much everything stock. I want it super reliable. The only thing im interested in doing to the engine is getting a reverse mount intake, front mount intercooler, turboback exhaust and a custom tune. Oh and I will probably go after market clutch too.

Oh yeah im going to have the wiring done for sure. Ill be headed here for my swap needs: http://www.subaperformance.com/

As far as the dash yeah.... that will probably be the last piece to the puzzle. That is going to take the most work I think and will be the last thing I do.

Im with you 100% on the seats. Those are the ones I want.

as my father says "if you want faster,buy faster" saves money in the long run. sell the leggo unless you have a fetish with second gen sleepers just buy the 06 and mod from there it will end up being cheaper and faster i love my leggo but every car has its purpose and an 06's is going fast

as my father says "if you want faster,buy faster" saves money in the long run. sell the leggo unless you have a fetish with second gen sleepers just buy the 06 and mod from there it will end up being cheaper and faster i love my leggo but every car has its purpose and an 06's is going fast

Your completely right. That just wouldn't be any fun lol. The idea of the project is to put all my favorite subaru parts together to make one car.

Plus a lowish mile 06-07 will set ya back 20k.

Couldn't I do pretty good with 20k into the legacy?

Oh and when I said buy one I ment for the parts lol

Built not bought.

If my father told me that I would laugh at him. At least you can say...I did this and that and it's unique. Not oh look what I found at the dealership!

True that, i could buy a 25 grand car, or make a hell of alot faster and better looking car.

when you buy a new car your paying the engineers that built it, why when i bought the same thing 15 years later for 3 grand and then put my money into my own kinda engineering or at least pay someone to if you cant diy

though i lie, the brz is one hell of a car i would love to pay for that R&D

i understand both sides of what your saying is just some people pour all their money into an awesome project that never gets finished and if you have the determination and skill to do all that its f***in awesome. but if your not that experienced with engine work or that stuff just go buy the faster car its so much simpler than f***in around tryin to throw a half ass engine swap together. i get where your coming from baddog and if tyreal can throw it togeather its badass it was a word of warning on what your getting into

Well I would absolutely love to DIY the whole thing, I might even have the knowledge to do it, However I would like it to be done a lot faster than I could do it. I would have to work on it around my job and everything else. For that reason I'll have it done at a shop in Colorado.

I appreciate everyone's opinions. That's what this thread is about.

Well I would absolutely love to DIY the whole thing, I might even have the knowledge to do it, However I would like it to be done a lot faster than I could do it. I would have to work on it around my job and everything else. For that reason I'll have it done at a shop in Colorado.

I appreciate everyone's opinions. That's what this thread is about.

What shop are you taking it to in Colorado?

Awesome thanks! Do you know where your friend went? I have seen suba before but those other two look promising as well.

I'll need to find a body shop early on too. My car is already white so I was thinking the wrx white, isn't that called aspin white?

Awesome thanks! Do you know where your friend went? I have seen suba before but those other two look promising as well.

I'll need to find a body shop early on too. My car is already white so I was thinking the wrx white, isn't that called aspin white?

He went to Metro Performance, but they are booked until August.

He went to Metro Performance, but they are booked until August.

Oh wow l! That's okay I will need about that much time to get things situated. I already have another car being worked on lol. Looks like I'm going to be visiting them.

Archived