LegacyGT.com

09 Spec B clean, traded in.

Car has perrin cone intake on it, no signs of other work.

Exhaust heat shield rattle.

Rear bumper chips

One burn in drivers seat

Car has def been smoked in

Clutch is starting to slip

I'll give you $10k and my 2005 2.5i. Minus $1000 because it was smoked in and $1000 because the clutch is slipping. So $8k and my 2005. Act fast and I'll throw in new front wheel bearings and struts on all four corners.

My offer expires on March 9th 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.

It's not me to decide it's the sales manager. I'm the warranty admin. Use to be prep manager. Current prep manager is out just had a baby so I'm covering.

Car is having 2 new tires put on

We did a rotella T6 oil change

New wipers

Stock photos for now car was traded in on Saturday photo guy isn't in till Wednesday

Car will be done with check and report and detail by Wednesday AM

It's not me to decide it's the sales manager. I'm the warranty admin. Use to be prep manager. Current prep manager is out just had a baby so I'm covering.

Car is having 2 new tires put on

We did a rotella T6 oil change

New wipers

Stock photos for now car was traded in on Saturday photo guy isn't in till Wednesday

Car will be done with check and report and detail by Wednesday AM

lolwut?

Yea sales manager approved two cause two pass. I know not the recommended way but a good bargaining chip to use against them. They were gonna do Mobil 1 until I I said not a good idea. Car was maintained at johnstons Subaru there sticker in window

Yea sales manager approved two cause two pass. I know not the recommended way but a good bargaining chip to use against them. They were gonna do Mobil 1 until I I said not a good idea. Car was maintained at johnstons Subaru there sticker in window

The mobil one thing is a myth. The only replace 4 tires thing isn't. Jesus.

By the way, if I saw that on a subaru, it would be walk away time, not "negotiate time" especially on a spec-b. That's an expensive rebuild on those cars.

Oh and the only person who will give you good money for it will know what it is and know 2 mismatched tires is a massive red flag.

Hey quick4dr. Let them know that the rear diff on that car is more expensive to replace than the shortblock (no joke). Tell them to put 4 new tires on it, even if they are cheap tires.

The center diff is what takes the brunt of that mismatched tire business, IIRC. The torsen rear diff will last much longer than the center will.

The center diff is what takes the brunt of that mismatched tire business, IIRC. The torsen rear diff will last much longer than the center will.

Either way, that's going to get really unnecessarily costly down the line....

When I was looking at forester and outback XT's here in Chicago last fall, I saw a lot of "2 new tires!" remarks on Subaru ads from non-Subaru dealers(Trade ins). A few of them didn't have it listed, and I only realized when I went to see the car in person. One of them had two rears with full tread, and two fronts with maybe 1/8" :eek: Needless to say, I didn't even bother with negotiation, and walked away. This is why my first car purchase was from a private sale, with full service records, and 4 matching tires :)

To me, two new tires means the PO never rotated them, which means it was riding on tires of uneven diameter for a while. Then, when the fronts wore thin near the outside edges of the tread, they got two new tires(as any average car owner would). Or there was an accident and one tire was destroyed, and to keep budget insurance would only shell out for two. Ether way, it's no bueno.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

2 remaining tires are between 6 and 7/ 32nds.

The two replaced had bad edge wear

Asking price is 17,991.

Sales manager will let it go for 15,xxx

What's the trade in on a 2005 Legacy 2.5i.

Assume the worst in all categories (except the new short block which is perfect but still just a 2.5i).

My guess is about 4k. So, you're looking at like, 12 or 13k OTD for the B -

Archived