LegacyGT.com

07 Stereo with MP3

BigJack

Threw in a mp3 disk today...very cool. I made a disc with a bunch of albums up and now have a good bit of music for days when i don't bring my zen in the car with me. Im still debating on whether or not just to replace everything.

I really like the 07 stereo. I have the powered sub under the seat. Nice setup. I'm working on having my ipod 'plug' into a home made jack/charger that will be sealed into the ash tray. Power and AUX will got under the shifter. I like to hide things :) Pics soon I hope

I am a happy 05 owner that snagged one of the MP3 changers on eBay for $60.00.

:)

Just trying to decide what audio components to upgrade next.

Perhaps the Subaru sub.

Hehe, me too, I am debating on spending the extra $100 for that too bad gler1 doesn't sell those too!

Hehe, me too, I am debating on spending the extra $100 for that too bad gler1 doesn't sell those too!

I called the guy from Great Lakes and told him to call me before he puts any of those stereos back up. Maybe I should proactively call about the subs.

My car is an 05 and it plays MP3 discs. I copied Van Morrison for her the night before. We took my car the next day going out and she brought it to play. I even mentioned to her that it would not work. Of course, right after I finished that statement the CD started playing. Any ideas?

Kyle

does anybody know if you can swap an 07 stereo into an 06? (since the 07 also has an aux. input feature...)

it would be great if the wiring harness was the same and you could just plug it right in... the lack of an aux. input is my biggest gripe about my 06 GT ltd... (well, that and the 21.5 mpg average... :)

does anybody know if you can swap an 07 stereo into an 06? (since the 07 also has an aux. input feature...)

it would be great if the wiring harness was the same and you could just plug it right in... the lack of an aux. input is my biggest gripe about my 06 GT ltd... (well, that and the 21.5 mpg average... :)

Does anybody know how to do a search?!? ;):lol::D

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50364

Not totally plug 'n play but close enough to make it work!

No idea why the mp3 CD worked in an '05, unless it wasn't really an mp3 CD. How many songs where on it? I can burn discs from iTunes and have them play on my '05 stereo too but it will only hold MAYBE 2 albums worth.

Cheers!

-Ian

Does anybody know how to do a search?!? ;):lol::D

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50364

Not totally plug 'n play but close enough to make it work!

No idea why the mp3 CD worked in an '05, unless it wasn't really an mp3 CD. How many songs where on it? I can burn discs from iTunes and have them play on my '05 stereo too but it will only hold MAYBE 2 albums worth.

Cheers!

-Ian

It was about 22 songs or so. I had them all on my laptop and my wife was wanting me to make her a CD. They are on my laptop as MP3's.

Kyle

My car is an 05 and it plays MP3 discs. I copied Van Morrison for her the night before. We took my car the next day going out and she brought it to play. I even mentioned to her that it would not work. Of course, right after I finished that statement the CD started playing. Any ideas?

Kyle

It's not in mp3 format. If you burn in Music format, it converts everything to .wav which is just standard, non-compressed audio. That's what you did, and that's why there's only 22 songs on it. You should be able to fit about 7-10 albums on an mp3 disc, depending on the size of the albums.

"Voodoo" has two "o"s also.

I concur with jigelow. 22 songs on one disc is a little high for a regular audio CD, but it's only a fraction of what you'd get with a compressed format like MP3 or WMA.

Bummer, I was all excited about this, too. But on the other hand, I burned a bunch of my favorite songs onto a dozen discs last week, and now I know that effort wasn't wasted. :)

It's not in mp3 format. If you burn in Music format, it converts everything to .wav which is just standard, non-compressed audio. That's what you did, and that's why there's only 22 songs on it. You should be able to fit about 7-10 albums on an mp3 disc, depending on the size of the albums.

"Voodoo" has two "o"s also.

Computers are not my forte. Thanks for the explanation.

As far as Voodoo having 2 "o"s, I know but Voodoo-Chile was taken on another board I was a member of many moos ago. Since then, I have always used Vodoo-Chile for my screen names. I'm quirky like that. :icon_wink

Kyle

Computers are not my forte. Thanks for the explanation.

As far as Voodoo having 2 "o"s, I know but Voodoo-Chile was taken on another board I was a member of many moos ago. Since then, I have always used Vodoo-Chile for my screen names. I'm quirky like that. :icon_wink

Kyle

Right on.

Archived