LegacyGT.com

06 lgt 5eat AP stage 1 woes

ArcTec34

I have a 2006 2.5 LGT 5EAT sedan

so.. recently i've gone stage 1 (have a 93 oct stg 1 base map loaded) .. i was driving my car today and i noticed some sorta problem. when i floor it it goes through first gear and then when it starts shifting the RPMs drop to 4000, after the shift into second, waits for a few second, then it resumes and accelerates like normal. i've done it twice now, only seems to happen accelerating like around a corner.. idk.. any ideas? :mad:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you're hitting fuel cut. it feels just like boost cut but you don't get a cel correct? if the car is over 9 psi between the shift it causes the cut. i have the same problem with my 07 5eat. i'm ecuteked and had ecutek data log the problem. they identified the problem but have yet to offer a solution to me. what EM are you running?

is it your gears slipping? I know after i did my STI swap, from 1st to second, it would have a second or 2 delay in shifting, slow shift and then it would bang into gear. :( not that noticeable when slowly driving, however any time under boost, you could definitely tell! That's when I did the VB upgrade and no issues with that anymore.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

is it your gears slipping? I know after i did my STI swap, from 1st to second, it would have a second or 2 delay in shifting, slow shift and then it would bang into gear. :( not that noticeable when slowly driving, however any time under boost, you could definitely tell! That's when I did the VB upgrade and no issues with that anymore.

for me, no. this problem as soon as i left the tune. it happens if you punch the car from stand still to any where below 20 mph. Ecutek did extensive data logging, about 2 hours worth on the problem. they identified the problem as i stated. however, they keep telling me that they almost have it resolved. this has been going on since Aug.

oh good im not alone. a have a cobb accessport v2: stage 1 93 oct base map, v113

when I was cobb stg 1 or stg 2 OTS shelf maps on my 05, i had the stalling issues. perhaps it can be tuned for with a better map from PDX or TDC? I know when I had my first TDC map, it got rid of the stall problem.

this is only happening around corners? interesting... :(

yeah its quite weird. well ifs its only a fuel cut off then my engine isnt going to blow up before i get it resolved. i thought about getting a TDC stg 1 map.. maybe i should.... would there really be any difference though? i did some research a while ago and didnt come up with much..

if i go TDC, i guess ill tell them my problem and perhaps they would just raise the cut off on the map they would send me?

regular automatic mode.. i've yet to encounter it in sport mode

where in NJ are you? you felt like taking a ride to Long Island, you could go see Dave Brown at Metric Subaru. he's the best tuner in our area. he's also the top cobb vendor in our area.

i believe on the AP a tuner can turn off or raise the boost limit between shifts. i think the tranny just doesn't shift fast enough causing the problem

right. that's what the VB helps with. my shifts are much faster, though not immediate, it isn't a 1 sec waiting game and they are good clean crisp shifts, more like a manual than the sloppy auto. :(

somerset county: somerville. central Nj. hmm.. long island.. maybe. i want to know if just going ti a TDC stg 1 map would fix it if i told them just to raise the boost limit..

the peak boost isn't the problem. i'm runnig 18psi tapering to 14psi at 6000 rpm. it's raising the boost limit at the shift. it only happens at the 1-2 shift. if it were a matter of over all boost, it would happen in every gear change. it's very annoying, i feel the pain.

There is table referred to by the opensource guys as the Rev Limit Fuel Resume. It was added a few months ago when they were modifying the roms for flat footed shifting (manual transmissions).

When you hit the rev limit at wot, you're probably around 11 to 12 psi on a stage 1 tune. The stock rev limit fuel resume is about 9 psi. That means that once you hit the rev limit, the fuel is cut and won't be restored until boost pressure drops to 9 psi.

Have your tuner bump this up to 12 psi and you should be good to go. I don't know if this table is in the Cobb AP, but Cobb added flat footed shifting recently so it should be there.

yes. I use PDX now... long story. you will have a better performance gain and most likely smoother shifts and power with a better map. Cobb OTS are extremely conservative (imo). Just remember, stg 1 is pretty basic, so it won't be night and day difference, more of smoothing out.

There is table referred to by the opensource guys as the Rev Limit Fuel Resume. It was added a few months ago when they were modifying the roms for flat footed shifting (manual transmissions).

When you hit the rev limit at wot, you're probably around 11 to 12 psi on a stage 1 tune. The stock rev limit fuel resume is about 9 psi. That means that once you hit the rev limit, the fuel is cut and won't be restored until boost pressure drops to 9 psi.

Have your tuner bump this up to 12 psi and you should be good to go. I don't know if this table is in the Cobb AP, but Cobb added flat footed shifting recently so it should be there.

right, i think you had told me this before when I kept hitting rev limiter from 1st to 2nd at the track.

that's exactly what i'm talkng about. the AP can raise the limit. for i'm stuck cuz i have to wait for ecutek to release the software to all thier tuners

I've experienced something similar when turning.

Here's my theory: There is a yaw-sensor that tells the tranny to hold a gear because the car is turning and shifting in a turn can upset the car's balance. Since the trans won't shift, the engine redlines and hits the fuel cut.

haha. "my tuner" my nonexistant tuner. i guess ill contact tdc and see what they can make for me

i would still recommend a pro-tune rather than an off the shelf map. a 5eat needs to be road tuned as weel as a dyno tune. the 5eat responds differently on the road compared to the dyno. i would go see Dave Brown or a tuner off your choice.

I've experienced something similar when turning.

Here's my theory: There is a yaw-sensor that tells the tranny to hold a gear because the car is turning and shifting in a turn can upset the car's balance. Since the trans won't shift, the engine redlines and hits the fuel cut.

although the OP hasn't experienced the problem in a straightline, i have. it's hit or miss when it happens. do it enough times the ecu pulls timing and you make stock like or less than stock boost

Archived