LegacyGT.com

05 LGT/OBXT Consumer Reports Used Car to Avoid

I was looking at a CR Top 10 Auto Issue at library. I peeked at used cars to avoid and found 05 LGT/OBXT in there along with 08 WRX.

They recommended my 04 WRX as a good used car though.....

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that its because of the turbo. They made a point of adding turbo in the description to make sure that you knew that. It is probably suggested to avoid them because of the turbo seeming to take a dive around the 60-70k mile mark or above, which is a milestone that a lot of 05s are now hitting.
It's cool; I'm with the band

Anyone else notice that these cars were reviewed in the future?

At the top it says "Last reviewed April 2010." Is CR from the future? :confused:

It was actually the April issue. I guess they put it out a month ahead.

I'd bet the '08 WRX/LGT/OBXT is on the list due to the blown engine issue.

The other thing to watch out for is that the CR sample size will be pretty small for Subaru's, and you're sensitive to the "average" driver. OBXT drivers probably drive and maintain their car slightly differently than LGT buyers, so the '05 LGT would show up as being a problem while the OBXT isn't.

Anyone else notice that these cars were reviewed in the future?

At the top it says "Last reviewed April 2010." Is CR from the future? :confused:

HAHA!

Their knowledge surpasses even the current day information! damn these guys are good!

It was actually the April issue. I guess they put it out a month ahead.

I know magazines come out a month ahead, I was just pointing out semantics that it was implied that these cars were reviewed in the future, not that the magazine came out ahead of the date.

Forgive my attempt at a joke while I go hide in a corner :redface:

It's cool; I'm with the band

Interesting, I'm pretty sure when I bought my LGT a couple months ago there was no such mention of the LGT in the cars to avoid list.

Didn't the 2003 and earlier Subarus have head gaskets issues, I could be 100% wrong, but my mother's outback blew a head gasket. Those car's aren't on the cars to avoid list.

What's the warranty on the Subaru drive train anyways? 5 years 60k?

Archived