LegacyGT.com

05 LGT 5MT for a 07/08 Forester Sport/Forrester STi?

Well, I was having some routine service done on my LGT today and caught a look at the new Forester Sport. The new facade is extremely sporty, blacked out grills and other sport design enhancements, 2.5 Turbo charged motor with a migrated LGT/WRX front clip and 5MT tranny, and the covert design of a the Forester. I recently saw the post here regarding the Forester STi being featured at a recent US auto show, and that SOA is definitely considering bringing the FSTi to the US market. After talking to the dealers today, they did acknowledge that the FSport is a testbed to see how an STi version would sell in the US. With that being said, what is this forum's thoughts on the performance Forester? I like my LGT and am really attached to it, but love the Forester STi and the thought of a performance oriented Forester with more than just a turboed boxer really intrigues me. With no LGT manual wagon in sight, the FSport/FSTi would be a real possibility. The aftermarket for the Forester is heavily expanding, and with my lease halfway through, the FSport or FSTi would be serious option. Thoughts, opinions on the modibility and performance potiential of the Forester?

Thanks

I'm going to Las Vegas Subaru this weekend to testdrive a FSport and will take some pictures then. Granted they will be with a mobile phone camera, but it's better than nothing. If you look at the blacked out OEM grills on the Aussie Outback, they did the same thing with the FSport and added a new, very sporty design to the front and gave it more sculpted fenders. The FSport isn't on the website yet, and S of LV just got 3 cars 2 weeks ago.

I traded in a 05 FXT on my LGT wagon. I love the FXT, but it's kind of like the kid brother to the LGT. It's not as refined or expensive feeling, but it makes up for it in fun to drive. I found the seats in the forester uncomfortable and the legroom on the 5 speed SORELY lacking. The pedals were too close together and in order to fully depress the clutch, i had to be too close to the gas and brake pedals. It was also noisy inside and had a lot of body roll when it was stock. Overall, I would say the LGT is in a class above the FXT, but I would still recommend the forester to anyone.

Taking that into account, a ~300 HP engine would make up for pretty much all of the foresters quirks and shortcomings, but the LGT fits me better. I would rather see a STI version of the Legacy sedan and wagon honestly.

I was going to trade for a FXT sport but decided to wait. I'll either get a Forester STI or Legacy STI(which ever comes out first) in a few years. If not, I'm waiting to see what Volvo is up to. They are coming out with a DSG tranny and there are rumors of an "R" version of the new C30 and S40/V50 line up.

A V50R with 300hp, 6 speed/DSG, AWD, Brembos and other goodies is right up my ally. And it's a wagon.

Back on topic, I don't think the Forester sport will sell well. Anyone who would be interested in one will know that a Forester STI may be coming and rather wait. I'm one of them.

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

Yeh, I think I am in the same boat waiting for an STi version or either the Legacy or the Forester. I should keep a better eye on Volvo. The Volvo S60 R is a car I completely forgot to consider, and it looks shit hot and drives very very well.

Yeah, I really like the S60R. I may get one in a few years once the new body style is released. Don't sleep on Volvo, they have some exciting AWD stuff coming out in the next few years. Plus the european delivery program is a great value and cool concept. I plan on taking advantage of it when the time comes.

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

Archived