LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy GT SPT Catback Exhuast Video Links

qikslvr

Here are a couple links to videos of my new SPT CBE version2. I have a Perrin UP, Autospeed DP, AEM CAI and a TDC Stge II Pro Tune. The SPT CBE is one 3" pipe back to the Y where it splits in to 2 ~2.75" pipes back to the SPT mufflers. Yes, 2.75" is correct. I believe it is the only CBE with this diameter Y pipe section.

YouTube links:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=153AZIlHBJs]YouTube - 05 Subaru Legacy GT SPT Exhaust[/ame] First Fire

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhbTbKTR0PU]YouTube - 05 Subaru Legacy GT SPT Exhuast[/ame] One Week Later

If you have a sub be sure it is turned up and you can feel it pop. It is nice and clean sounding. It has a deep rumble but not enough to disturb the peace after midnight. Sounds great from in the cabin. I will get more video tonight at the track.

Let's kick this pig!

It's actually pretty quiet on the highway. I have a cat in the DP so it muffler the cabin noise that comes from the floorboard. All you hear is a nice easy rumble at highway speeds. Not a buzz or Droning sound. I will get some videos from inside the cabin. It has mellowed greatly since the first fire a week ago. It now has a deep tone and little or no pops in the rev.

Took it to the track tonight, but forgot the camcorder of course.

Two weeks ago Cobb Stage 1 93 = 9.50 1/8th mile ~ before SPT CBE

Today TDC Stage II 94 = 8.63 1/8th mile ~ with SPT CBE

Let's kick this pig!

Cool, a sound/ video clip from the cabin would be nice to hear.

What made you go with this CBE (appologies if this is in another thread)? What were you considerations?

Did you get it at a Subaru dealer or a 3rd party place?

After hearing about everyone having to get the pipes heated and bent to get the mufflers to line up on all the cheap ones... I just decided to go with the SPT. My other option was the Perrin.

I ended up getting it from my Subaru dealer because they had a headlight on order and it took a while to get it so they gave me 10% off. Also, it's got the biggest pipes of any made. None of the others had the 2.50" y pipes and muff pipes.

Let's kick this pig!

i have an SPT CBE. i love it. it's louder than i prefer (i like the stock quietness), however, with the addition of the SPT intake, it's much much louder inside the cabin. if you want to keep noise down, don't go with an intake.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I've had the AEM CAI on mine for about 2 years now so I was used to that part of it.

Have you tried putting the stock mufflers on the SPT CBE?

I think I might check this out to see if they fit for road trips.

Let's kick this pig!

I love the flow and the sound, but I was just wondering if they will fit. I will probably try to mount them in the morning just for the heck of it. I'll post the results.

I might also want to put them on over the winter. They use a ton of salt and other de-icers around here. It would just be nice to know if they would fit if I wanted them to.

Let's kick this pig!

I know it's lighter, but don't know how much right off hand. It's a straight 3" no resonator(the factory one is the size of a pillow) single peice MP/YP and the mufflers are about 1/2 the size of the factory cans. The car feels lighter. My wife noticed a difference to . It feels just a little lighter and more nimble.
Let's kick this pig!

• 10 months later...
Alright, I've searched a billion combinations of the words spt cbe, exhaust, catback, fitment, v2, v1 and I can't find that thread that will tell me what years the v2 fits. Does it fit all Legacy's 05 and later? Or does it only fit newer Legacy's?

The V2 should fit any LGT from 05 on. I think it will also fit the LGT wagon but the muffler tips or something would need to be lengthened.

Unless you like the tucked tips look! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, there are wagon owners with it and it seems to work fine.

I have it on my wagon. The tips are pretty much where the stock tips were. The real issue with the wagons is the resulting drone. Ideally, I wanted a set up where the drone would come when I asked for it at WOT, but the drone is constant in the 55-75 MPH range.

Unless you like the tucked tips look! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, there are wagon owners with it and it seems to work fine.

I heat-wrapped my DP and it killed a lot of cabin noise. My GTSPEC UL headers also calmed down the drone quite a bit too. Like I said before, my car runs almost silent above 3K RPMs. It still makes some noise under WOT though.
Let's kick this pig!

Roughly, how much lower does the SPT CBE hang compared to the stock piping? Also, have you heard other peoples exhausts? Prodrives, perrins, and whatever? Compared to those, I know that the SPT is more subtle/quieter but how much more would you say? 75%, 60% as loud?

Just asking since I'm going to be lowering my '05 by about an inch, then with the larger piping of the SPT and possible lower hanging, I worry about my overall ground clearance.

I've got h-techs on my car and everything clears fine. The y pipe is big, but it tucks up real nice compared to a lot of others I've seen. It probably about 40% quieter than most of the WRX's around here that have exhaust. It's real quiet at normal throttle levels, but she still roars when you open it up. There really aren't many modded LGT's to compare to around here.
Let's kick this pig!

put a heat sheild on my friends 08' LGT today. He's got the SPT intake/catback. Catback sounds really good, very subdued, but good sounding. Not sure how much more this noise would increase with aftermarket DP. You could hear the intake a lot more than the exhaust when he would rev it up high.

Archived