LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy GT limited wagon

rage557

I've found a 05 wagon that I am thinking about picking up. Nice looking car. 5spd limited with the bells and whistles. It looks to be in overall good condition with 75,000 miles. Clean carfax. The asking price is $14000. It appears to be a good deal. Thought?s

KBB says retail value is $17000.

http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/subaru/legacy/2005/retail-value/pricing-report?id=1598&category=wagon&condition=excellent&mileage=75000

Do it! It's a car not everyone and his brother owns, and it's a blast to drive!

Lehigh Valley Subaru Enthusiasts http://alturl.com/o4org

Because Station Wagon

Try to talk them down a little from $14K, but it's not totally unreasonable either. If the car is in very good condition and the previous owner can produce the full service history then it's a good deal given the circumstances.

Those aren't sold all too often (as others who own one will attest), so if it's really what you want and within your budget, buy it. For what it's worth, I paid a little more than that for one with 31K miles on it.

It is a bit strange, Edmunds is saying between 12-13k. 13 being outstanding condition. KBB says 17k. I have always thought edmunds is more accurate. When I price out my current 2001 2.5rs Edmunds is usually pretty spot on for what the private sales are going for.

I always go with Edmunds TVP and add-in a few $ if there's a verifiable service history and a bit more if there's a Subaru Gold Warranty with it.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I would bet the LCA bushings are in need of replacement, so check them out and bargain something off the price. See if the rear wheel bearings were replaced (warrantied to 100,00 miles) and see if the fan relay recall was performed. Take the VIN to Subaru and ask.

5Spd manual ltd wagon is very rare. They stopped making the 5spd wagon in 2006? If it were available near me, I would consider adding it to the stable.

If you dont care about it being a wagon there are definately better deals to be had. I wouldn't pay more than 12,5 for a 2005LGT unless it was hermetically sealed in it's original box.

As with any higher mileage turbo car, be sure to have some emergency money left over and don't blow your load on the purchase price, taxes and fees.

FWIW, I think dealers can have cars they retain classified as "Corporate Car" on a carfax...

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Negative, in the USDM they only made the 5MT wagon in 2005 - which makes them very rare. In the CDM they continued until 2008 IIRC. Mine is only 1 of 61 made

And the Legacy Wagon in either GT or 2.5i was discontinued in 2007. The LGT wagon only came with 5EAT in 2006/2007 and the 2.5i Wagon could be had with either a 4EAT or a 5MT for 2005-2007. Again, this was for the USDM. CDM and ROW was different

Archived