LegacyGT.com

05 GT Apexi Boost controller questions!!! Please help

So here is some basic info. My car is stock 05 legacy gt limited so far, I am buying a Cobb AP next week. I came across a buddy of mine selling an APEXi AVC-R EBC for real cheap and i was going to pick it up and install it but i have a few questions first. Sorry for the stupid questions but this is my first turbod car.

Before you bash i have searched all over for these answers (Google and all over forums) cant get a solid answer.

1. Will it hurt to install an EBC on a stock car running AP?

2. Does any one have the ecu wiring diagram?

3. What is stock boost on a LGT?

4. What is a safe PSI for LGT?

5. What is the PSI on stage 1 on the AP?

Thanks for the Help.

Not sure on the first 2.

Stock is 13 or 13.5 peak psi IIRC.

It seems the general consensus is that 18-19 psi is the safe peak for the stock turbo and intercooler on the LGT. Some people have run 20+ with no problems, others have run stock and blown turbos

And AP stage one boost is 14.5 psi peak. Stage 2 is 17.5 psi.

It's cool; I'm with the band

An EBC isn't really going to do any good on the stock turbo. Any tune has no trouble getting max performance from the turbo. When you change the boost on a canned tune you run the risk of knock from either fuel or timing issues since you don't know how much tolerance they built into the map. Besides, once you go stage 2, 17 psi is really all you want to ask from the stock turbo though you can have a little fun by going higher in the lower rpms.

Thanks for the help. I think what ill do since I found the ebc at such a good price ill buy it and hang on to it until I start the major part of my build.

I do have another question however. I did my research and found that the ap is a lot of bang for the buck. I already plan on a turbo back exhaust.

Is there any other cheap/fairly price parts I can get to increase power?

If you think the AP is a cheap way to go fast, don't look at a Tactrix cable & RomRaider software! Around $100 for the cable, free software, and your laptop makes for an unbeatable combination if you put the effort into logging and tweaking the final tune (with help from others of course). You can also buy the cable & buy an e-tune from people here, still spending less than the AP with better results.

It just depends on if you'd rather have it plug-n-play or if you want a more hands-on approach.

Ill take a look into it but like i said dont have that much turbo experience. I have been searching but what do people think about Gimmick (GMS) CBE? i know there cheap in price but what about quality? how do they hold up? and how will they do with with a bigger turbo and high boost?

Archived