LegacyGT.com

05-07 Front Bumper options

Xterior

Up here in New England, we just got hit with a huge snow storm. So as I was driving home last night I hit a snow bank and destroyed my PU lip and cracked my front bumper. Bummer! I know.

I might just leave it as it is for now until the winter clears up. I'll just drive around with this ugly front for another 2-3 months. Meanwhile, I'll be looking for a nice set up option for the front bumper. Unless I can find a real good deal on another lip with an OEM front bumper I'll probably won't go for that same look. I also want to keep it under the $500 budget so none of that imported JDM goodies either. I did find this bumper on made by Duraflex on Ebay called the "SICK" front bumper, it looks decent and not too ricey. But I still got plenty of time to see what are my options out there.

It will be great if you guys can offer some ideas with pictures of front bumper options for me, thanks.

166546_10150109513873623_517078622_7677914_1336879_n.jpg.acf009cb7206b65a007c6a56e8b52fe5.jpg

well...cheaper fiberglass bumper is an option, however, you'll be spending time/money to fit the bumper on to your car

if you have no experience with bodywork, I'd probably suggest you to NOT get knock off kits, otherwise...go for it!

cheap bodykits have terrible fit compared to oem. No fun.

I got curious about that duraflex bumper you were talking about and decided to take a look. Doesn't look too-too ricey. However, I would spend the money on a proper setup as fitment and prep can be a pita with lesser quality kits...

I did however get a kick out of the installation difficulty description though:

Difficulty of Assembly: Level 3

Levels of Difficulty is a subjective scale of 1 to 5 to describe ease of installation of each ground effect and wide body kit listed in our catalog where 1 signifies easy, 5 signifies very difficult and 2 to 4 fall somewhere between 1 and 5.

Dusty B- that is so funny, I didn't even read that. I am actually going to have a shop paint/install it for me so fitment shouldn't be a problem at that end.

Well I did some more search today and found this bumper made by VIS which is pretty good. I've had experience with VIS products when I had my STI and they have pretty good quality stuff. I like this bumper, it has kinda of a M5 look, I don't think it looks too ricey either.

http://www.streetracinglife.com/ebay/visfrontbumper/image/subaru/legacy05mtech.jpg

duraflex is still fiberglass, most of them arent molded correctly, thus need some heat gun or some work to make it fit

I have no experience with LGT kits.

Years ago I did help two different friends with CRX's (whats the plural of CRX anyway?). One had a mugen kit (fiberglass, fit like a glove) another had a kit I swear was made out of pvc and came from the back of a ricer mag (before ebay is what it is). The plasic kit was ... gosh impossible to fit. He finally fit it with bolts and metal screws.:spin:

The plas-kit never looked good. Removal was a nightmare. The Mugen kit was at least 3x as expensive as the 99c store kit.

I have no experience with LGT kits.

Years ago I did help two different friends with CRX's (whats the plural of CRX anyway?). One had a mugen kit (fiberglass, fit like a glove) another had a kit I swear was made out of pvc and came from the back of a ricer mag (before ebay is what it is). The plasic kit was ... gosh impossible to fit. He finally fit it with bolts and metal screws.:spin:

The plas-kit never looked good. Removal was a nightmare. The Mugen kit was at least 3x as expensive as the 99c store kit.

yep...i've bought VIS kit for my 240 before

fits like shit

sat in my garage for 3 years...lol

SO the oem JDM one would be the "Best fitting" kit after support bean swap?

OEM always fits much better...

I was looking around and found that VIS bumper for 270usd...

Where to spend my tax return.............:p

if that price is shipped then good deal

otherwise they should only be like 300-500 for the full kit (front, rear, side)

To the OP, i went out the morning of/after and cracked my lip in 3 pieces :(...

I plan on fixing it when spring comes around.

Sucks! plus today my inner fender well came loose and I was dragging that plastic all the way on the highway to my house. ARGH!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived