LegacyGT.com

Official Crystal Black Silica Thread (2010)

Tide

Pfoyle buddy when I did a base line tune on roller dyno, i was only doing 205 wheel hp with out the down pipe, when I had it tuned with a drop in filter and the down pipe t went to 235 wheel hp, I thought that was pretty good gains, considering my simple mods, my tuner kept my boost at 1 bar or 14 psi off boost. From his explanation, to get the crank hp 235x1.33 = 312 hp ... I'm not sure what kind of numbers your tuners in the us but it would be nice to see your dyno sheets to get a comparison. Thanks for your comment bud, ill discuss with tuner what you said. Happy week end bro , got to get back in the kitchen

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfoyle buddy when I did a base line tune on roller dyno, i was only doing 205 wheel hp with out the down pipe, when I had it tuned with a drop in filter and the down pipe t went to 235 wheel hp, I thought that was pretty good gains, considering my simple mods, my tuner kept my boost at 1 bar or 14 psi off boost. From his explanation, to get the crank hp 235x1.33 = 312 hp ... I'm not sure what kind of numbers your tuners in the us but it would be nice to see your dyno sheets to get a comparison. Thanks for your comment bud, ill discuss with tuner what you said. Happy week end bro , got to get back in the kitchen

Definitely good gains! I'm just trying to understand the significantly different #s between yours and mind... Maybe it's just a difference in the dyno machines... Is it the same 2.5L engine? 93 octane gas?

Attached is my dyno chart running about 17.5psi boost on 93 octane with only an Invidia CBE and K&N drop in filter (I've since added a high flow catted DP, with a tune, but haven't gotten it onto a dyno yet)... In the pic the red line is stock wHP/wTq (241whp, 236wtq), pink line is Cobb OTS stage 1 map (264whp, 285wtq) and the green line is my Stage 1 pro-tune (289whp, 355wtq)!

Our gains are probably pretty similar (considering that I'm running more boost), but the actual numbers are significantly different... this is what is confusing me... :confused:

Dyno-tune.thumb.jpg.bbcea0d8df69cf6c49ab6bcd5b3068e7.jpg

Dude those are really good numbers all I can say is wow, I told my tuner not increase boost and just kept it stock, it's was just the other parameters , we run our dyno on rollers and I'm not sure what you guys have. And to think we have 100 octane fuel. What ever it is, I'm leaving my tune as is , in the Philippines , there are not enough opportunities to go balls out driving , Our traffic is terrible!!!! Have you guys experience a blow our of your charge pipe? It's the plastic pipe coming from the turbo going to the tmic? 5?guys here in manila experience blow outs of the pipe, most running 19 psi of boost.

That's also why I kept my boost at 14.5 psi. Hope you can help

Yeah, I am really happy with the tune (which was also done on a roller dyno)! :wub: The low-end torque is fierce! Definitely safer to keep the boost down where you have it... and eventually if you get bored with the power you have, you can be sure there's even more fun to be had with it if you want to increase the boost! :)

So far so good on all the hoses/pipes staying together... haven't heard of it as a problem over here, but I can't say for sure. Hopefully I won't have to find out the hard way! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some pics I got a day after getting the car!! (same as in my intro thread.)

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/download/file.php?id=8342

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/download/file.php?id=8343

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/download/file.php?id=8344

When I get time I'll do another shoot and hopefully try out some light painting techniques!

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks guys, just did H & R's 1 inch drop. 18 "Enkei Raijins. Pretty happy with it, this is my first legacy. been awesome in the North Dakota snow. Gotten lots of compliments on the vehicle. I always like simple. just thinking of doing the headlights and baking them. I know a lot of people seem to say it is easy bu man if you screw it up it is pretty freakin expesive to replace.

HKS ES Premium (turbo-back)

Does the Legacy sound similar to this? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eafivPNFXAo]Sound of HKS ES Premium muffler on Subaru WRX STI (twinscroll) - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks in advance!