LegacyGT.com

Colorado Recommended Businesses

praedet

Has anyone ever been to performace window tinting in Englewood? There is a groupon right now for 5 windows for $99. Friggin steal. Thinking maybe Ill give them a call and see if they will honor my groupon even if I decide to go with an upgraded tint??

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful of this kind of deal. I have never been to this shop so I cant speak on there quality of work but I have been lured in by deals like these. Same exact deal 5 or 6 years ago at a different shop, what they dont tell you is every seperate peice of glass is considered a window. So on your leggy assuming your getting everything tinted but your front (some people do). Its going to be 7 windows, so I imagine those two extra is where there going to get ya. I took my 78 wagoneer in for that kind of deal and by the time I was out the door it was around 400 bucks. Although I will say it has 11 pieces of glass not including my front. Either way you can call them to verify this. Good luck.

Be careful of this kind of deal. I have never been to this shop so I cant speak on there quality of work but I have been lured in by deals like these. Same exact deal 5 or 6 years ago at a different shop, what they dont tell you is every seperate peice of glass is considered a window. So on your leggy assuming your getting everything tinted but your front (some people do). Its going to be 7 windows, so I imagine those two extra is where there going to get ya. I took my 78 wagoneer in for that kind of deal and by the time I was out the door it was around 400 bucks. Although I will say it has 11 pieces of glass not including my front. Either way you can call them to verify this. Good luck.

Before I bought the Groupon I called them and asked whether or not they would still honor the groupon if I decided to upgrade the tint. On their website they have 5 different tints, ranging from good quality, best, better, etc...) The groupon is for the better quality tint and he said that its the same tint they all have on their cars.

Yes the LGT's have 7 windows but I made sure ahead of time that each extra window wasnt a crazy amount more...only $20. Which is fine with me since I am already saving almost 200 bucks in the first place.

Ill get some pics up after I get it installed.

I've taken both of my LGT's to Tint Stop off of Santa Fe and C-470 (roughly) and they hook me up pretty well since I send them business and got all the windows plus a visor for $220. Had to pay cash since I went limo in back but definitely worth it nice guys and if anything goes wrong they take care of me.
Priorities change when car parts come into the equation

• 2 weeks later...
any recommendations for a shop that would do a good job installing a spec stage 2 clutch and flywheel? just about 1k miles after buying my new (used) car the clutch is starting to slip....not too stoked on it. but excited to get a better clutch in there.

For sure, his email is mdstatts@hotmail.com

You can also give him a call at 303 818-4253 (his name is Matt)

Here's his quote from the post for clutch repair: Clutch - (turbo car $398 labor $423 clutch set) (non-turbo $345 labor $269 clutch set)

Here's the original post (#229):

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/colorado-recommended-businesses-90993.html?p=3801376&highlight=max+automotive#post3801376

purchased a comp stage 2 clutch and LWFW.....got a steal thru http://www.eurosportdesign.com/default.aspx!!! Still cant quite believe how cheap I got it.

Will be contacting Matt at Max Automotive in the next few days to get the car into the shop.

Do you think it makes sense to put in a TSK3 while the clutch is out?

Edited by nhltfour

• 2 weeks later...
Dropped off the LGT at Max Automotive this morning and Matt thinks he can get it done by this evening. So far he has been very nice and easy to talk to and is staying true to his labor rates of $398. Might try and get down there later and get some pictures while the car is up on the lift.

• 2 weeks later...
Yall recommend any shops to install lowering springs? I would do the install myself but I just dont have the time currently. If I dont hear anything from you guys in the next few days I may give Matt a call at Max Automotive and see if he has any time. When he did my clutch he said that he is pretty quiet during the holidays. Edited by nhltfour

• 2 months later...

+1 for Max Performance Automotive

I have no doubt after taking my 05 LGT to Max that he will take care of my car when I cannot. The pricing was honest and fair, and we both walked around the car before and after the repairs. Aside from that, any guy who obviously loves his own car as much as Max is worth doing business with.

Thanks to PutnamCO for the recommendation. I can't wait to see your car!

Somehow missed this post, but really glad to hear you had such a good experience. Did you get a new tune from cryo, because that's definitely who you should talk to. PM me if you have any questions about order and type of mods that I've done. Welcome to the club!

• 1 month later...
Glad to see all the positive comments about Matt. I just dropped my car off there today to get a new timing belt. I'll report back when complete.

I was over at Matt's today and saw your car. It looks great!