LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Audio/Video Clip Compilation Thread - 2.5i Edition

Yes, you have the headers we believe were only used in early 2005 or late 2004 on some cars, perhaps early rendition of PZEV? There aren't many cars with this setup around afaik and I don't think you can run any of the aftermarket headers out of the box.

The RalliSport piece won't bolt up either.

I'm not sure, but you might be able to run the borla replica header you have plus a 2.5RS catted midpipe, like the Stromung or RalliSport midpipes:

http://rallisportracing.com/images/100_0787.jpg

It would be best to get ahold of someone with the standard '05 catted midpipe to see if it'll work on your car before purchasing one. Not sure what you'd need to do for O2 sensors and the like etc.

No simple solution basically...

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will headers this style fit on a 2.5i?

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1465&pictureid=8570

I cant even find pictures of stock lgt headers let alone find some for sale really so Im really finding any choice I can get. Modifying stock lgt headers would be an option for me right?

Dubz, I think what hes trying to say is that it's never been done before with your particular setup. Honestly, I've NEVER seen any other 2.5i with those headers; you're special :lol: Those headers look freakishly long before they even reach the mid-pipe.

Assuming the heads are the same as other 2.5i's, the OEM LGT manifold will bolt-up to the head no problem. The problem is connecting it to the rest of the exhaust.

Can you guys post pics of your header setups? I mean I have a box where the tranny is that my headers wrap around which is why its so long. Do you guys have any of that crap in the way? Im an outcast :( Now Im loosing hope that a Subaru will never be able to have uel headers

I'm slowly losing hope for 2.5i boxer rumble :(

I would say just enjoy the car for what it is and if you really want that rumble, get yourself a GT. You'll end up saving more money in the end.

If anything spend money on some used GT brake calipers and suspension mods.

What do you guys think of putting a Fast Motorsports CBE On a 2008 2.5i? Or would Some magnaflow universal mufflers be a better route? Not looking to spend over $500 lol.

What ones did you end up getting? Have a sound clip by chance?

I don't have any clips before my headers went on. :( Just the one a few pages back.

Can you guys answer my question? Do you have that black box that I have were my cat wraps around at the end? Maybe I can take the box off and my headers will fit?

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1465&pictureid=8569

On the left in that photo? That's your transmission.

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

Dubz, you're stock headers are the same as mine! Our cars are those rare PZEV vehicles, 163hp instead of 168 (I was shocked when I found this out about my car not long ago.) I went with some OBX equal length headers I found on NASIOC from an impreza RS. To be honest, I wasn't going after a nice sounding header as much as one that would net me more power (OBX headers are great for power on N/A Subarus.) But even with these EL headers, my car actually does have a bit more boxer rumble because these are not symmetrical and are better for exhaust flow. The headers you have currently will not work because although you can get an impreza RS header on an N/A legacy, WRX headers and impreza RS headers are not interchangeable. I even had to get mine modified to fit. I'm not sure if there are any UEL headers that are anything like your car's headers. Look up H6 OBX headers on ebay. That might be your best bet as far as the closest fitting aftermarket header. Edited by kred

I don't have any clips before my headers went on. :( Just the one a few pages back.

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1465&pictureid=8569

On the left in that photo? That's your transmission.

I know that is my transmission, but that black box looked like a plastic cover that I could take off and my transmission would be fine uncovered

kred Id rather have some rumble than no rumble at all. Im glad my cars not the only one here that has a different exhaust setup. If I ask any questions I might as well ask you since youve always had the best responses. Ill try RS headers first and see if anyones had any success then Ill go for the H6 headers. Do they pretty much bolt right up with the mods youve done?

I know that is my transmission, but that black box looked like a plastic cover that I could take off and my transmission would be fine uncovered...

That "black box" holds your transmission fluid if I'm not mistaken (can't tell since I don't see the drain plug). Mine also has that grid pattern.

Updated first post in order of model year and removed videos that no longer work. For the 4th gens, it's UEL videos first, then ones with stock headers.

Here's a new video from myself. It was intended to be a cone cam since I wanted to know how close I was getting with the right-side of the car. Turned out to be a pretty good exhaust cam as well. AVO axle-back only:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iibGXsstbBY]2013 VCMC Auto X Cup #4 - Personal Best (56.691) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by N.sane

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Installed the BOSAL this evening, had to wait due to all the rain here in VA. WOW that is all I can say ill have to grab a clip tomorrow but it sounds good.

Edited by GEE-OTTO

Sounds great! If I'm not mistaken, the Bosal is the same as version 1 of the SPT?

Also on the highway there is no drone or very little i was trying to find the range where there is drone but I couldn't. The exhaust tone for lower speed part throttle driving (around town) is so nice, its a very clean rumble and deep. There is some rasp when cold and between 2600-3300 RPM when you go WOT but this CBE is less raspy that my stock was while hog-zaust-ed :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hmm. I wouldn't mind loud so long as it doesn't drone or go too crazy at idle. My muffler got bent in a parking lot hit & run (University parking lots are slowly killing my car I swear) and I've been seeking a replacement for quite some time. Figured I might as well get some sound while I'm at it. Anything else that is decent quality and doesn't break the bank? Or is Nameless the best bet?

Nameless is loud on long trips. I got the 4" and wish I got the 5" now. Considering selling my 4s and getting 5s. Or trading up.

I love the sound around the city though. Just start to lose it after 6 straight hours at the same speed.