LegacyGT.com

GENERAL REFERENCE (Terms, Model Codes, etc)

-Minor Price increases across the model line up

-4 cylinder horsepower now 175 (up from 168).

-deleted dash mounted illumination button. When headlamps are turned on the dash illumination remains the same, unless otherwise adjusted by control panel located to the left of the bottom of the steering column.

-different font on gauges

-passenger side air bag activation lamp now only located at center of headliner and windshield meet

-only on manual transmission GTs, in gauge cluster word "Legacy" is now red (vs white in 05)

-17" alloy with low profile tire is standard on all models, center caps on rims now show the Subaru logo rather then the word "Subaru"

-"blacked" headlights deleted for an all chrome housing

-key less entry "unlock" button has a slightly different shape

-lower emissions exhaust system

-Immobilizer key standard on all models

-Wood grain trim deleted on some models with taupe interiors

-Air Filtration system standard on all models

-Larger front disc brake (vs 2005) standard for non-GT models

-Base cloth model GT has been deleted which means all GT models are GT Limited with leather and sunroof etc.

-Manual transmission has been deleted on 2.5i Limited and GT Limited wagon, you can still get a manual transmission on the GT sedan, 2.5i or 2.5i SE models.

-New 2.5i Special Edition SE model available in both transmissions and in wagon or sedan form. SE package includes; 8 way power driver's seat, and glass sunroof.

-Navigation system now optional on GT Limited sedan with automatic transmission.

-Limited production GT spec.B includes everything a limited GT would offer plus; Numbered Plaque(500 only), manual transmission only, upgraded stereo with MP3, only 1 exterior color Titanium Silver metallic, only 1 interior color, Brick Red Leather, Bilstein Sport Suspension, Aluminum Alloy rear suspension arms and upper links, 18x7" 10 spoke alloy wheels with 215/45 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A low profile tires, aerodynamic side ground effects with chrome trimmed rocker panels , 3spoke MOMO leather wrapper steering wheel with audio controls(only manual and/or turbo Subaru to offer radio controls mounted on steering wheel). aluminum alloy pedal covers, standard navigation system (only manual transmission Subaru to offer navigation), spec.B floor mats

Can anyone provide a similar list on what the GT package gives? I've been searching high and low and can't seem to find a complete list. I've gathered the hood scoop, and leather interior...any better details?

Thanks!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
newbie question, what is (are) the difference between the GT Turbo Legacy and the GT Spec B? Price dif?

The jdm gt's had the bilstein shocks too so the only diff was the spot light housings... The 18" rims and some metal pedals

Jdm spec b's could be optioned from the show room in japan...

Im only refering to the 03-05 jdm gt's

The 06 gtb's in the nz market got the 6mt and some sweet 18" shadow chrome rims

Among other things

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Can anyone confirm that this is Diamond Grey Metallic?

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71655&d=1249570018

Sorry to dig up old threads here but i was browsing the web today trying to find a color for my latetest project and came up on this. Does anyone know what color this is. Dosent look like the regular diamond grey metallic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
did they change turbos from 2005-2007 model to 2009-2009 from a vf 40 to a vf46?

I just blew and replaced my turbo on my 08 LGT Limited (5EAT). Went OEM (for now) on the replacement but I couldn't figure out which one it was either. The info I found in the forums led me to believe that for MY08 and MY09, Subaru started using the "5 arch designed" VF46. I ended up calling SOA with my VIN to confirm and sure enough, it was an IHI VF46 installed from the factory. OEM replacement bolted up nicely, with the only struggles being the stuck nuts (etc) on the exhaust and getting the new turbo down on the oil return and plugged into the main air intake hose simultaneously. 1st attempt left about 3 qts of Rotella on my garage floor on initial startup so check that oil drain (back into the bottom of the block) hose clamp twice, or have about 20 gallons of sawdust on standby for cleanup. :mad:

If you are replacing your turbo, MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE ALL THE BANJO BOLT FILTERS from your oil feed lines while the turbo is out!!! It seems like all of the filters were removed from my car EXCEPT the one on the back of the block, which is a PITA to get to and remove. You pretty much have to remove the TMIC, Turbo (and all oil/coolant lines), Up Pipe, and Exhaust just to get to the little $5 sucker and yank it out. BUT that filter was the one that clogged, failed, crumpled, and starved my old turbo for oil, resulting in a blown turbo and a week of no Tu-Tu-ing around town while parts came in. Oh and the $$$, time and effort in replacing it, while depleting my upgrade/mod budget for a while.

• 1 month later...

Need A New Short Block

or

You Need A New Short Block...

Y(Gonna)NANSB probably should have been the model code!:lol:

Noob question, I can't find what "nansb" or "ynansb" means. I've searched and searched, but all I can find is the acronym referenced, nobody has spelled it out.

• 3 weeks later...
did they change turbos from 2005-2007 model to 2009-2009 from a vf 40 to a vf46?

I just blew and replaced my turbo on my 08 LGT Limited (5EAT). Went OEM (for now) on the replacement but I couldn't figure out which one it was either. The info I found in the forums led me to believe that for MY08 and MY09, Subaru started using the "5 arch designed" VF46. I ended up calling SOA with my VIN to confirm and sure enough, it was an IHI VF46 installed from the factory. OEM replacement bolted up nicely, with the only struggles being the stuck nuts (etc) on the exhaust and getting the new turbo down on the oil return and plugged into the main air intake hose simultaneously. 1st attempt left about 3 qts of Rotella on my garage floor on initial startup so check that oil drain (back into the bottom of the block) hose clamp twice, or have about 20 gallons of sawdust on standby for cleanup. :mad:

If you are replacing your turbo, MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE ALL THE BANJO BOLT FILTERS from your oil feed lines while the turbo is out!!! It seems like all of the filters were removed from my car EXCEPT the one on the back of the block, which is a PITA to get to and remove. You pretty much have to remove the TMIC, Turbo (and all oil/coolant lines), Up Pipe, and Exhaust just to get to the little $5 sucker and yank it out. BUT that filter was the one that clogged, failed, crumpled, and starved my old turbo for oil, resulting in a blown turbo and a week of no Tu-Tu-ing around town while parts came in. Oh and the $$$, time and effort in replacing it, while depleting my upgrade/mod budget for a while.

I've been trying to look this up, to not look like a Googleless tool, but...

I thought that the LGTs used the VF48 and the STi used the VF52.

Or was it LGT 05-07 for the VF48, and 08-09 for the VF46?

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

05-07 have a vf40. 08-09 have a vf46.

The vf52 is the newer WRX turbo as I understand it.

The 4th gen GT's have two banjo filters. In 05-06 they are located on the front and back sides of the heads. I think in 07- they moved them to the top of the heads in a vertical position. The banjo bolt on top of the turbo only has the orifice in it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 10 months later...
Does anyone know where I could find one those PDF manuals that show pretty much the whole car in explode view providing all the part numbers. Specifically for the EDM BP9?

I got mine for my 2001 BE off eBay. After I won the auction I received an email with the file attached. It's better than a book in my opinion because you can do a keyword search to skip to part you're looking for.

Looks like they have one for 05'-09': http://m.ebay.com/itm/SUBARU-LEGACY-2004-2009-OFFICIAL-FACTORY-SERVICE-REPAIR-MANUAL-PDF-FAST-SEND-/262760320809?hash=item3d2dbc4f29%3Ag%3AyO0AAOSwe-FU%7EQc9&_trkparms=pageci%253A7f06c6c8-d837-11e6-856d-005056b6719e%257Cparentrq%253A8f16d29c1590a624b8e146e8ffc13648%257Ciid%253A2

Edited by Jacobpockros