LegacyGT.com

Custom-made Sport Grill: S402 Replica Walkthrough ('05-'07 Legacy)

nospmoht04

DIY S402 Grille Replica walkthrough on pg. 21.

As of 6/16/2014 I'm making these again. At least with the materials that I have which is enough to make 4 more. I may get more materials and keep going after that. I still have the original list of people who were interested in buying one of these so I'll honor that as I go. That would give the next 3 grilles to:

SBT

JJr

06silvarubiLGT

in that order. SBT has the next locked up for sure and as I make the next couple I'll get in touch with you guys to see if you're interested. If not I'll go down the list which is pretty long, so if you're new to contacting me definitely temper expectations. I can add you but the original people who showed interest will get priority and it'd take quite some time to blast out over 40 of these by hand. If older interest falls through then maybe it'll move quicker. I'll update as I go and thanks!

S402 Version:

Buy outright: $289 + shipping

Stock Grille trade: $229 + Shipping

Recessed Version:

Buy outright: $175 + shipping

Stock Grille trade: $115 + shipping

Shipping is not included in pricing and has ranged from $10.75 to $13.58 going anywhere from a couple states over to across the country. These are light in weight and cheap to ship.

Thanks for the interest all.

Original Post:

SOLD!

For sale I've got a custom-made Legacy sport grill, crafted from a stock Subaru grill and painted matte black. This is the third grill I've made and it came out awesome. The pictures truly don't do it enough justice as it looks amazing in person.

I put a lot of time into the grill and it was done right. I soaked it in bleach for days to get all of the chrome tape off of the outer border in order to create a better surface for the primer to adhere to. This will help with paint chipping or flaking off and will promote durability. The center was gutted and voids were filled with a rock solid two part patch panel adhesive made by SEM, at $30-$40 a tube. I bondoed transitions and sanded all surfaces with sandpaper varying from 60 to 400 grit. Mesh was shaped, wrapped around the back of the grill and bonded onto the grill with the patch panel adhesive. Everything front to back was primed and sanded with the 400 grit to get a nice smooth surface. I again covered front and back in the end with "Rust-oleum Matte Finish Custom Shop" Spray paint, applied with a sprayer grip for a cleaner finish. It's a "Low profile non-reflective finish, great for racing strips, grills, spoilers, & accessories" according to the side of the can. The paint came out great and left a nice soft feel to the mesh and grill. When attaching the mesh, I ground down surfaces before applying the adhesive and I don't think I could get it off if I tried, unless I cut it with a tool.

All in all, I built this to last. I have one on my car now that I made and it's lasted 2 years now and still looks great. I also put a lot more time into my latest one. I'll include pics below.

You can add anything from a Subaru logo to the center, or a GT emblem to the side. I had a Spec.B emblem as seen in the pic and just a week ago swapped to placing a Subaru badge in the center. I'm gonna add a GT to the right of the logo soon.

I'm looking for $175 plus shipping and paypal on this. However, if you want to send me a stock grill and $115 plus shipping that would work too. If this sells and you would like one for yourself, I'd be willing to make more if you wanted to send me a stock one.

You may be able to find something cheaper on ebay, but this is going to last and coming from a fellow Legacy owner, I know what we want and like.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions or are interested. Thanks guys.

1st.thumb.JPG.e2245944359b4f5c0958fd479c585c57.JPG

4th.thumb.jpg.94a0f3e93736911316a473ac9199963f.jpg

2nd.thumb.jpg.0cdb063446b6c3cd2907307827641d69.jpg

3rd.thumb.jpg.519edd64e8fba6a18ad45e745f9331f4.jpg

5th.thumb.jpg.78db8b692c79bea7ace5cc129596ca21.jpg

6th.thumb.jpg.6e735abdd454b9437c138e3a6d6163aa.jpg

7th.thumb.jpg.1883b41f3005f89fe1d34cb03811c870.jpg

8th.thumb.JPG.cbe8dc72542b6f792d66f9af2128b84e.JPG

014.thumb.jpg.4973e1260378ff94c9045f336fbbde6f.jpg

015.thumb.jpg.7c19168ca7cef8c61db330caa5de787e.jpg

oncar.thumb.jpg.d68d564abb5a6963c2ebd169cb4d610d.jpg

Edited by nospmoht04

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If catalyst doesn't buy it, I will. If you want to make another, I'll take it. I have been waiting for an aftermarket or custom made grill like this for months.

I'm totally willing to wait (no rush and I sent him a note I'd mail him my OEM for the next project). This will become a winter grill for me and I'm close to putting my CF one on for the spring/summer. I just think he puts in the effort it takes for a quality piece and want one!

PMs answered. Thanks for the compliments guys, there's no doubt time was put into this. I'm definitely up for making a few more, I just need some more stock grills to work with. I'll look into it asap and if anyone is interested in shiping theirs to me, let me know. Thanks again.

test fit on an outback?

Not positive on the Outback but pretty sure. I don't want to give you a definite yes without confirming first. If I remeber right you're in the same city as me so you can stop by and test fit it if you'd like. Shoot me a PM.

Im expecting my new grill to arrive today, nospmoht04. I was going to play around with the stocker and see what I could do with it, but it seems that you have pretty much perfected it. If youre interested in it, pm me an offer...I'll also get you some pics as soon as the new one gets here.

Ok well catalyst doesn't seem to mind if someone wants to buy this one outright and he can wait until he ships me his oem later on. If he's cool with it I'm willing to sell it to you.
If screamin is ready to buy now, it definitely sounds like he needs it more than I do. I will pull my OEM, switch to my summer CF grill, and have you do your magic on mine which will be a great winter alternative grill to my CF one.

Im expecting my new grill to arrive today, nospmoht04. I was going to play around with the stocker and see what I could do with it, but it seems that you have pretty much perfected it. If youre interested in it, pm me an offer...I'll also get you some pics as soon as the new one gets here.

Pmed

nospmoht04,

That grille is VERY nicely done. Like how you've mentioned in earlier posts, it's made by a member here who's come across a lot of feedback from other members with similar tastes.

Having said that, what's the turn-around time should one send you their OEM grille and the $120? does the $120 include you shipping the completed grille back to their respective owners? Thanks for the reply.