LegacyGT.com

Parts from other models/years that fit our 5th gen.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NO. Need 08+ STI rears. Ebrake drum bigger diameter.

Nope. ALL STi models with R180 rear diffs have the bigger 190mm parking brake.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Can someone confirm this is the right combo for our car? Planning to upgrade the turbo/IC in the spring but this looks like too good a deal to pass up.

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-1734/DeatschWerks-1000cc-Bosch-EV14/Detail

Wow great deal! If I'm not mistaken, its perfect. I have basically same, but IDs instead - but the size of the injectors and the same pump thou. You can run corn with that - I won't because of limited availability.

Wow great deal! If I'm not mistaken, its perfect. I have basically same, but IDs instead - but the size of the injectors and the same pump thou. You can run corn with that - I won't because of limited availability.

I was hoping you'd say that since I'm piggy backing off of your setup. :cool:

Going to order this and the TMIC in the next few days. Now I need to think turbo.

Can someone confirm this is the right combo for our car? Planning to upgrade the turbo/IC in the spring but this looks like too good a deal to pass up.

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-1734/DeatschWerks-1000cc-Bosch-EV14/Detail

Make sure it's the correct DW300 pump. 5th gen uses a different part number than the rest of the Subarus.

what rims are compatible with this generation? I'm looking to step down a size for winter tires. I have a 2012 Legacy GT. My understanding is I need 225/50 17 tires but will any older Subaru 17 fit?

The 3.6R has the same size calipers and comes with 17" rims stock. Their tire is 215/50R17. Anything in a 5x100 bolt pattern should work unless you get some crazy offset.

2011-2012 WRX Wheels.........17x8, 5x100, 53mm Offset.

Noob'ish question, the larger offset will give me a closer or more flush look to the fender? Or will be be roughly the same since I am going to a wider wheel? :redface:

I know stock 3.6R is 17x7.5, 5x100, ~48mm offset (based on 2012 wheel).

Anyone running these on the 5th gen yet? :confused: I have seen plenty of pictures on 4th gens or older. So many of these wheels popping up for better prices compared to aftermarket, so it's tempting to take a set my summer setup.

Then the other issue, if I am pushing more toward the fender, if I go to the RCE or Eibach springs, I am increasing the chances for rubbing.

2011-2012 WRX Wheels.........17x8, 5x100, 53mm Offset.

Noob'ish question, the larger offset will give me a closer or more flush look to the fender? Or will be be roughly the same since I am going to a wider wheel? :redface:

I know stock 3.6R is 17x7.5, 5x100, ~48mm offset (based on 2012 wheel).

Anyone running these on the 5th gen yet? :confused: I have seen plenty of pictures on 4th gens or older. So many of these wheels popping up for better prices compared to aftermarket, so it's tempting to take a set my summer setup.

Then the other issue, if I am pushing more toward the fender, if I go to the RCE or Eibach springs, I am increasing the chances for rubbing.

+53mm offset will be 5mm CLOSER to the car (that is: a narrower stance) than the +48mm offset. Therefore, no problems with rubbing, even if lowered.

Could be a typo but cars101.com shows a 215 for 2012 and a 225 for 2013.

Subaru brochures for 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 all list the size as 225/50R17 for the 3.6R, so I am guessing a typo.

the previous generation 3.0R had 215/45R17.

+53mm offset will be 5mm CLOSER to the car (that is: a narrower stance) than the +48mm offset. Therefore, no problems with rubbing, even if lowered.

Two different wheel widths, can't simply subtract and get the difference. The 17x8 +53 will stick out about 1mm more and stick in about 11mm more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Rutch/cellphone/null.png

Edited by Rutchard

Stock 3.6R tire is a 225/50R17....at least on the '13.

I am running a 215/55R17 on my stock wheels for winter. No issue.

Thanks, I was going to look for 225/50R17 , so you have no speedo issues with 215/55R17 ?

I'm also wondering if older Legacy rims will fit. I saw a Legacy GT '05 rim for sale in the classified. Does anyone foresee an issue?

Thanks, I was going to look for 225/50R17 , so you have no speedo issues with 215/55R17 ?

I'm also wondering if older Legacy rims will fit. I saw a Legacy GT '05 rim for sale in the classified. Does anyone foresee an issue?

215/55/r17 is almost bang on for the speedo. 225/50 puts you a little quick.