LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

Still rocking the Original Motor & VF-40 Turbo with 15k OCI. Stage 2+, custom tune at 18.5psi. Currant mileage:213310

Pics. of my heads\cams with about 200k.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/1119122111_zpsa9db5ddd.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/HAMMERDOWNGT/1119122035_zps18cd8af5.jpg

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

subsc

144k 05 5eat LTD wagon: CobbAP, SPt intake & exhaust, P&L Motorsport Jorge' tune at 34k. STI rear sway & whiteline front sway, kartboy end link @40k. Brakes are Hawk, DBA42650 w/ ss line since 71k, inspect recently and still holding up.

Needed transverse link bushing at 80k, timing belts @ 102k, OEM turbo replaced @110k (housing was leaking oil). P&L Dyno check, car still rocking 228 whp.

1st wheel bearing was replaced at 2k, each corner done twice so far. Now I am running a 3Yr warranty after market bearing sets since 134k.

tires: Pirelli PZero M+S at 20k doto sidewall bubbles in OEM crap tires

Bridgestone RE960AS pole positon at 64k do to tread life, onset of winter

Continental Extreme Contact DWS at 119k " "

DWS are the best for me.

Sept-11 Upgraded to 2008 Stereo w/ MP3, aux out, & WOW. BIG improvement in Audio via my droid (vs. Bluetooth to FM adapter)

Tried the "SPt Lower Chassis Brace" 2 mos ago. clearance to lower heat fins was tight. Adjusted many times to get rid of clunks & thunks, removed completely after 30 days.

If I hit the lottery or other windfall want to upgrade to Cosworth 402, but detune to a safer 350 h/p. (and corresponding beef up on 5eat).

I will keep this car forever. Prior was 1990 4eat Legacy LS Wagon, rust, bad air suspension, & loss of 1st gear took it way from me at 13yrs, 235k mi.

Cheap 10$ Wagner or Sylvania H7 headlight bulb last the longest.

OK, today I had a CEL come up, P0011, Intake A Camshaft Timing Over Advanced Bank 1. I have 189,250, original owner, well cared for miles. Timing belt was done at 122,345. Oil, Royal Purple since 10,000 miles, oil level good, changed 2500 miles ago.

Any ideas or others that have experienced same? As always, thanks in advance for all your help and time.

IIRC is one of the 1st signs of the banjo filler bolt getting plunged. Pull both bolts, inspect. And go from there. One in front DS head & the 2nd, rear PS the feed the turbo. If clean, the AVCS need a good cleaning or replaced.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Less than 500 miles away from turning 100k! Holy chow have we come far from 29k in June 09'. 8k miles into a new motor other than that only had to change out one clutch and a wheel bearing.

Sent using a porkchop sandwich

Can you damage a trans seal when replacing an axle? I tried cleaning all the grease out from when my boot was torn and it sprayed everywhere, but I'm still getting a burning odor after I've been driving and I'm idling. I also noticed what was a tiny amount of fresh gear oil on the new axle cup when cleaning.

My trans fluid level was exactly between the dipstick dots with my car on ramps.

You absolutely can damage the seal during an axle replacement. Subaru has a special tool (28399SA010) that you insert into the seal to protect it while you guide the axle in.

To replace the seal you can try the socket method, or pick up a seal/bearing drive set from Harbor Freight. Subaru also makes their own tool for this (18675AA000), to protect the outer dust-shield portion of the seal.

Frankly, the more difficult part is removing the old seal without scoring up the inside of the trans, or getting debris inside. There are special tools for this at auto part stores, but I find it easiest to crush the seal inwards (towards the center axis of axle rotation) by giving the OD edge a few whacks with a hammer and screwdriver or chisel. Usually three dimples, 120 degrees apart, is enough to loosen up the interference fit between the seal OD and trans. Just be careful and buy a few extra seals in case the first one doesn't seat perfectly while you are installing it. They are cheap enough (and I can supply them :)).

Edited by Underdog

2005 LGT Limited 5 speed 139k, purchased last May with 128K. Replaced left passenger rear wheel hub, brakes rotors, intake, exhaust, DP, steering rack, tie rods inner/outer. Needs front drivers Hub, control arms and sway bar end links all around.... yaaay:mad: