LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would guess his was more like 250 hp....pretty well worked over....He drag raced it and it went like hell....no handling and stock AH Sprite brakes..OUCH!!!

Good luck and keep us posted:)

Edited by Scooby Fan

If you wanna go $$$ to power just do a budget 350 build and spray 150 shot.

I'm a muscle car guy and these two things just do not belong together.

Go for it but I guess I'm betting against this happening/running.

Dr Sharp is right. That 5EAT is going to need a lot of money invested in order to handle that power you are shooting for (If you can adapt it to fit). Even at an optimistic 350ft-lb you should be investing at least $800 for a valve body mod. Much more power than that and you should be looking at an IPT built tranny which will set you back around 5 grand. I'm not sure if you have a trick up your sleeve but this is probably the reason I will never go much farther than stage 2 in one of these vehicles.

Why would he use the Subaru automatic ? Is he planning on keeping the AWD ?

I would just make it a RWD car with the tranny that came with the engine.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I guess at least one of us wants to keep their car 17% GM:spin: IIRC, the old GMC Typhoon/Syclone had a turbo'd 4.3 V6 mated to a 700R4 with a transfer case for full time AWD, but im not sure the 4.3 V6 and this specific 3.8 V6 have the same mount for the trans. Just some food for thought if you were going AT.

Good luck with the build:munch:

350 won't fit ! w/o big modifications.

i have a 79 camaro with 400 small block 600 hp and i'm goint to replace that with a 3.8 turbo as well.

i'm not a big fan of nawwws too easy.. and i don't like things that run out.

My sunbird was to the floor corner to corner in all of its 3 years of existance. front brake pads last a month on those 9.7" front rotors. i was going to convert it to awd using a one of those new gm crossovers.

But i think droping it in the subaru is a much better idea over all the handeling and look of the legacy with responce and pull of a grand national.

only concerns i have at the time is being able to maintain the cruise control and cluster operation. The plan is to take the subaru crank triggor from subaru scan it with 50 $ walmart scanner scale it up so i can attach it to either the fly wheel or damper. With that the dash will have rpm signal. the dbw throttle boddy will be used and that contains the map and tps witch will be wired into the megasquirt.

the tranny will operate as normal. Then i will replace the tcu with a automation direct plc http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Programmable_Controllers/CLICK_Series_PLCs_(Stackable_Micro_Brick)/PLC_Units/C0-00DD1-D

inputs will be shift buttons, torq lock up, auto/ manual mode , tps , 2wd /4wd comand.

the rest is fabing motor plate .. mostlikely laser cut 1/4" thick plate cupple motor mounts and exaust.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader