LegacyGT.com

Official North East Spotted Thread

SuperhawkLGT

:lol: Never before has anyone looked so terrified at a starting line. I got him to send me those so I'm very happy! The pictures of your car came out great too.

There are 2 sets of photos I've found for anyone who's itching to get their driver on:

08-17-2013 Devens NER SCCA Solo Event #7 - a set on Flickr

Phil Gregory's photosets on Flickr

I should autocross the Passat some time. Diesel power FTW!! I'd have the slowest(and biggest/heaviest) car out there, but I bet I'd get the best fuel economy! :lol:

I should autocross the Passat some time. Diesel power FTW!! I'd have the slowest(and biggest/heaviest) car out there, but I bet I'd get the best fuel economy! :lol:

There was the sickest old diesel Jetta there on Saturday, every time he powered out of the bends he was followed by a plume of thick black smoke. That thing was SWEET!

We had an SC430 in our group... huge variety of cars!

Always a wide variety of cars at the autocross! Nice to see another Legacy on track aac0036 (even though mine only lasted a single run this time). Sometimes it feels like a subby meet up there

At least I didn't come stone dead last like I thought I would with my 6 DNFs (rotfl) And I learned a lot too!

I was wondering what happened to your car.. mine was great all day, then again I only have 54k on the clock.

• I Donated
Always a wide variety of cars at the autocross! Nice to see another Legacy on track aac0036 (even though mine only lasted a single run this time). Sometimes it feels like a subby meet up there

Hi Craig! Justin was very impressed with your driving in his car btw! What's the latest news with your car?

At least I didn't come stone dead last like I thought I would with my 6 DNFs (rotfl) And I learned a lot too!

I was wondering what happened to your car.. mine was great all day, then again I only have 54k on the clock.

Did you miss a section of the course? This is why the novice walk through is important your first time! Stick with NER for this season and a bit of next year and you'll be just fine. Great drivers in there and some awesome instructors. Keep in mind that not all good drivers are good instructors.

Did you miss a section of the course?

I may have leisurely driven past a slalom at WOT 4 times.

After that tight box were 3 walls and then the single cone slalom, which I thought were just guides for a straight. But hey, it was my favorite part of the course because I was flat out and even hit the limter in second momentarily.

I'm a winner :rolleyes:

• I Donated
I may have leisurely driven past a slalom at WOT 4 times.

After that tight box were 3 walls and then the single cone slalom, which I thought were just guides for a straight. But hey, it was my favorite part of the course because I was flat out and even hit the limter in second momentarily.

I'm a winner :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: At least you had fun, that's what's important.

Spotted a black sedan on 95 N this morning near woburn. Tinted with roof racks. I was traveling southbound in the passing lane and saw ya. HAWK EYES

You did pass me didn't you?

Could have been me. My new commute has me on 95N between 6:30 and 7:00am. I work right next to Alberto's shop, which is where my car happens to be right now.

P.S. which group do you guys Auto-X with? NER SCCA? It's been way too long since I've been.

There was the sickest old diesel Jetta there on Saturday, every time he powered out of the bends he was followed by a plume of thick black smoke. That thing was SWEET!

We had an SC430 in our group... huge variety of cars!

Hahaha, yeah, I've heard of some crazy modded vw diesel's out there, even one TDI jetta running 11's.

I'd have to autocross mine bone stock for the sheer humor of it- it's bigger than a 5th gen (though curb weight is actually like 20 lbs less), and the tires are some casual continental touring tires that really don't grip much. I'd just throw the DSG in 'S' and try to get it thru the turns :lol:

Actually, it might not be too bad with, at the least, some grippy tires, considering it's got 236lbft@1750rpm.

I think NER's next one is September 15th, 29th, October 20th.. but I can't go to the next one :(

I def can't commit to anything in sept, as it's 'hell month' at work. Actually, 'hell month' started mid July this year.. OCT 20 has potential for me tho.

Well at least you are laughing at the DNFs haha, just gotta learn from them. I did the exact opposite my first event and was so conservative instructors told me to go much harder

Hi Craig! Justin was very impressed with your driving in his car btw! What's the latest news with your car?

yea he mentioned that to me. those BRZs are defintely fun to drive haha. Car is fine right now for everyday driving. Looks like I am just going to have to replace the valve cover gaskets before the next event. Not surprising at this point, the car does have just under 130k on it lol