LegacyGT.com

Cryotune performance review

2009 specb

I want to spread the word about CRYOTUNE PERFORMANCE. I have a 2009 legacy Legacy SPEC B with a stage 2 set up and a front mount. Before the FMIC I had a PRO tune done and was not impressed. You pay so much money for about an hour of work and they won't share the details on what they do to the car. Last Monday, i went to CRYOTUNE PERFORMANCE to do a road tune. The experience was great. If i had any questions Cryo had an answer. I would ask him about what kind of changes he would make and he would show me exactly what he was doing and explain why. We spent a few hours doing the tune and i learned more about what is going on with the engine than I have from reading about it for the last few months. With my experience on both types of tunes, i would highly recommend using CRYOTUNE PERFORMANCE.

If you are interested in talking to him he posts as Cryo

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cryo/Dave lives/works in the Arvada area. Really cool guy and lgt member. I've had him do some brake work for me so far as my car is already stg2e tuned but I'll have him look at my tune soon. Its nice to find a subie guy that will treat your car like his own, and his cooking skills ain't too shabby either from the grub we've had at meets

Thanks for the good words, I am glad you are happy with the tune and how smooth it came out. The cobb accesstuner race software is always a pleasure to work with if you are able to utilize the live tuning feature. Glad I could help.

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

i am very happy with the tune. i cant wait for the E-85 tune and the stage three setup. thanks again for a great job. cant wait to see what else we can get out of the car in the future.

Yeah that blouch 20g-xt on e85 should be a lot of fun. Let me know when you want to jump over to e85 on the stock turbo and we will get that tune knocked out while you save up for the turbo.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

I had Dave (cryo) take a look at my tune after I added my Process West intercooler. Since my etune with infamous my AVO fuel pump had died and I had the stocker back in. I figured that would be fine since I was on stock injectors anyway. I'm pretty glad I went up to see cryo before doing another road tune with the stock fuel pump in this time as it looks like my stock fuel pump is dying and I was pretty lean. I'm going to throw an Aeromotive 340 in and go back up to see him.

I'd be curious to know what types of things were tuned compared to a COBB OTS Stage 2 map. I'm about to install a Perrin Downpipe and do the Bulletproof mod on my stock TMIC. I've got the stock turbo and injectors so I'd be curious.

Well the OP went from a standard cobb stage 2 OTS map to a protune to my custom stage 2 roadtune. My base maps are built pretty much from the ground up off the factory calibration so I cant really compare them to anyone elses. I do my best to make sure everything is smooth and safe while making good power and people seem to be pretty happy with the outcome.

A dyno tune or road tune will almost always perform better *ie safety and power* when someone is able to make adjustments based on how your specific car responds to the modifications. Sometimes you get lucky and things are spot on but it doesnt happen very often expecially at altitude.

The thing to keep in mind for your car at this altitude as well is that with a simple fuel pump upgrade you can get away with an e-85 tune in the future too. That normally nets quite a bit of useable torque around town and a decent bump in HP.

Sspeed - yeah happy to see we got the bung out of the ceramic DP and were able to take wideband readings, that could have been bad. Nice car and cant wait to see you enjoying it again.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Its nice to find a subie guy that will treat your car like his own, and his cooking skills ain't too shabby either from the grub we've had at meets

This summer should be full of bbq's so plenty of bacon wrapped goodness,carne asada and various smoked meats off the new smoker......oh yeah:cool:

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I too would like to add to the Cryotune performance review! I had a road tune done with him on Sunday. Cryo/Dave is awesome! He was super friendly and explained to me what he was doing with everything and why he was doing it. I learned quite a bit from him. He answered all my questions whether it was about the tune itself or helpful information on any future mods. I Love my tune. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him and look forward to doing more business with him in the future.

Thanks again Cryo/Dave!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Dave (Cryo) recently put a Stage 1+ tune on my '07 LGT. I love it!! No more knocks from my intake, and he gave me a few PSI. The tune was charged at $150, which is a VERY fair price. I'm looking forward to going Stage 2 with Dave at my side.

• 4 weeks later...
So i decided to take advantage of the altitude and do a stock injector stock turbo e-85 tune with cryo. I was in shock about how all i needed to do was put a fuel pump in with my stage 2 setup and i can run it in this altitude. the road tune part was great. Dave once again shows that he cares about the cars and will always answer any question. Since Cryo did my stage2 map, switching fuel was only 100 bucks. i think that is a extremely fair price. cant wait to go stage 3 and see what we can do with this car.

IMAG0230.thumb.jpg.98722424ff7351bf07c6484fc6c3abcc.jpg

Edited by 2009 specb
add the picture

Actually because its a 6speed the settings in the road dyno software are all screwed up and the numbers is spits out are not comparable to any other legacy's. As always I always look at the delta's regardless but we saw a moderate increase from the switch (about 12hp and 15tq peak although 20+ ft lbs AUC in some places *keep in mind this is a road dyno so numbers are subjective*). We will actually be going back and see if there is anything more since we cut the session a little short but the difference is definatly noticable and I think there is more to be had based on other conversions I've done and seen. Never know till we test though.

Dave

Edited by cryo
numbers are subjective

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow! Thanks for the tune revision Dave (cryo)...

I had cryo revise my infamous tune after I added my ProcessWest... I'm not going to quote any numbers by road dyno until we can get it on the real dyno again, but the difference was dramatic.. cryo was awesome, walking me through each little step and even taking my observations in to consideration.. stay tuned for dyno results...