Old# R/H 806735230 New# R/H 806735300

And why'll you're there:

Tail shaft seal 806735210

Mike

Edited by HAMMER DOWN
Update seals part #'s

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

• 2 months later...

Yes, WRX R160 will work, just make sure you have matching gears with your 6MT. It's what I'm running in my swap for over 43k. IMO with that much HP. I would go with a STi R180, 07 or later Spec. B rear half shafts & the drive shaft flange off your old R160 rear diff.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Yup, the flange (yoke) on SpecB's R180 is the small one like on R160 (SpecB or 4EAT driveshafts come with the small matching flange).

STI's R180 uses the large yoke. But it can be easily swapped.

• 1 month later...
yes you use 4eat driveshaft

привет, соклубнику :) Решил наконец здесь зарегиться...я коробку всё таки купил и как я понимаю, кардан с любого 4АТ Легася мне подойдёт, так?

привет, соклубнику :) Решил наконец здесь зарегиться...я коробку всё таки купил и как я понимаю, кардан с любого 4АТ Легася мне подойдёт, так?

Well, this is what Babelfish had to say...

"regards, [soklubniku] did decide to finally here [zaregitsya]… I box all after all it did purchase and as I I do understand, Cardan joint from any of 4[AT] Of [legasya] to me [podoydet], so?"

....naw....not much help. :lol:

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...

дай ссылку на русский форум, плиз

• 4 weeks later...
This should answer all of your ECU/TCU questions regarding 5eat swap to 6sp.

http://www.surrealmirage.com/subaru/swap/electrical.html#ecu

Does anyone know of anyone doing an actual 5eat to manual conversion on the legacy? I know the ECU/TCU have become more integrated since the early 90's leggies.

You would have to get 3.90 R/P to match 05 STI tranny. 07-09 LGT 5MT diffs have that ratio (vs. 4.11 on 05-06 5MT). You can just buy R/P and replace in the diff. I think it will be much more cost effective sourcing a complete used diff from a junk yard.

or you can go with Spec B axles and a 3.9 R180 from an STI...its stronger and has a clutch LSD.

Of course, but he was asking about using R160. I went with SpecB's Torsen R180 and axles.