LegacyGT.com

OMG! FlatironsTuning Track Days.

enthusiast

More info here

8/16 First session will be a driving school day which is a lot of fun. There is only 50 spots though.

Cost $50 <--- Cheap!

9/27 Second session will be a track day only. There is 100 spots for this one.

Cost: $50 <---Cheap!

I have signed up for the first session and am not sure if I will be in town for the second one but am getting that sorted out.

The first 50 spots will go quick hurry up and register

I believe a helmet is still required.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can help you out. What do you have to install?

lol I dunno yet! i'm still trying to plan out a good set-up that isn't overkill. I have the brakes pretty much finished minus rear rotors which will be on before august... for suspension probablly will go with HD & swifts but am still worried about the roads around here with suspension - maybe week or two of more research then I will place an order on something! :) I plan on staying stage I for a little bit more, if I can convince myself to be frugal, maybe stage II in the summer.. but thanks for the offer - i will def hit you up if people aren't interested in learning how to do this for an install day (me being one of them!)

brian

Also signed up for Driving School day ... Still not sure if I'll do the track day ... but I'll think on that a couple days.

Where after I will probably sign up for that too :lol:

:lol:

It's going to be an LGT convention ;)

So far it looks like there will be a lot of legacies there. Tha will be sweat.

It shoule be a fun expierence.

Does anybody know how big the track will be. (topspeeds ecpected, etc)

I've walked on part of the track (on accident - I'll explain below) and it didn't strike me as a fast track. It's easy to find on Google Earth if you can locate the mesas in Golden (its on the south mesa).

So, my sister and her husband moved out here in August of '05. They live in an apartment right against the south mesa. I drove out with Mom and Dad to help her move - Dad and I drove the moving truck, she shared driving in her car with Mom. So the morning after we moved all her stuff in the apartment, I got up early and went for a walk and headed up the mesa. I walked around up there and stumbled across the State Patrol track up there and wondered what it was for almost 2 years until I saw something last summer about one of the track days up there.

I'm totally looking forward to this - it should be a really good time. :)

Here is a picture of the track I scanned in from last time. As you come around turn 1 (sweeper curve) I was going 105 but then backed it down as there is a rise there where you can get some air.

We went counter clockwise the last time. You park in between turns 8 and 9.

Oh BTW did I mention the track has a fresh top on it also? :cool:

http://www.verticaltier.com/gallery/d/1616-30/golden_track.jpg

I found a vdeo on youtube, I am pretty sure this is the track we will be driving on. Check it out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3uBEk3v8fM]YouTube - 6-2-07 GO4IT Racing Schools CSP Subaru only track day[/ame]

^^ That was good.

If you watch when he was coming around turn 9 there was a white STi in front of him that almost lost it. It looked worse from the other side of the track.

Here are some pics from the same day and if you look at the end I have some video too and you can see those guys getting air. It is a little unnerving at first but you get used to it.

I am definitely going to get some in car video this time.

If you have firefox piclens plugin my gallery is setup for it.

Pics here

Oh I almost forgot you will need a helmet for this.

Wow that is a pretty sweet deal it seems... Its too far out for me to be able to plan around it and im sure itll fill up before the months out.
Just get a slot. I guarantee you can sell it when it gets closer ;)
lol I dunno yet! i'm still trying to plan out a good set-up that isn't overkill. I have the brakes pretty much finished minus rear rotors which will be on before august... for suspension probablly will go with HD & swifts but am still worried about the roads around here with suspension - maybe week or two of more research then I will place an order on something! :) I plan on staying stage I for a little bit more, if I can convince myself to be frugal, maybe stage II in the summer.. but thanks for the offer - i will def hit you up if people aren't interested in learning how to do this for an install day (me being one of them!)
I'll help w/ the install too ;)

I HIGHLY recommend KW coilovers for around here. They might be SLIGHTLY more than the swifts and HDs,(actually, I think RaceComps version is probably the same price ;)) but they will ride better, have more travel for potholes, and give you the ability to go higher, or lower, than the swifts. Oh yeah, and give you better performance that you can even change on track day :lol:

The raising part is good for winter :cool:

Oh yeah, I am now signed up for both days :lol:

Steve, you want those injectors now? ;)

:spin:

Lets see I still have a FMIC to put in but am waiting for my AVO intake to get here. I just got my summer wheels and tires balanced today they will go on tomorrow. I was thinking of getting the swift springs but am going to wait until I can afford the KWs now (thanks Ted). I took my grill off last night and sanded it all down and am painting that flat black.

I have been really studying up on the Enginuity tuning due to all of the changes I will be doing and really don't want to pay $300 for each change. ;)

Mmmmm injectors...:wub:

Payment plan? :lol:

Wow, if I buy the KW Variants now no turbo until next year. :( I will probably buy them from BoostJunkie as

he seems to have the best prices.

Ted, I thought you were using ST for your tuning? Are you pretty comfortable with Enginuity now?

I will definitely hit you up on help with tuning. :)