LegacyGT.com

Jackal's 20g to 18g e85 Soap Opera

So I've been at stage 2 with e85 for a couple months now and it's time to step up and see what stage 3 corn feels like. My BNR 20g arrived today....... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

uploadfromtaptalk1406589248133.jpg.86e8b54e44af73530a3a1603121fa924.jpg

Full mod list as follows (and no, there is not a typo below. The 20G in the picture above has been replaced by the billet 18G I have in the list. Why? Grab a couple beers and read the thread!):

Updated 4-28-16

ENGINE

Injector Dynamics ID1000 Injectors

Deatschwerks DW300 Fuel Pump

RacerX TMIC

RacerX Charge Pipe

KS 73mm Intake

Turbosmart Kompact BPV

NKG Iridium 1 Step Colder Plugs

Perrin Throttle Body Inlet Hose

Infamous Tuning Lightweight Crank Pulley

VF54 Hybrid TD05/18G Billet Turbo

Custom EWG Ceramic Coated Header

TiAL MVS 38mm V-Band External Wastegate

TGV Delete

AEM Dryflow Filter

Invidia Catless DP

Borla CBE

Vibrant Resonator

Wix Oil Filter

Motul 8100 X-cess Oil 5W40

DRIVETRAIN

ACT HDSS Clutch

Clutch Damper Delete

Perrin 2015 WRX Short Throw Shifter Adapter

Perrin 2015 WRX Short Throw Shifter Stop

Perrin 2015 WRX Shifter Bushing

OEM 2015+ WRX Short Throw Shifter

Boomba Shift Stick

Motul Gear 300 Trans Oil

SUSPENSION & HANDLING

H&R Springs

OEM 19mm RSB

Kartboy Endlinks

Perrin Steering Dampener Lockdown

BRAKES

Power Stop Z23 Evolution Sport Rotor and Pad Kit (F&R)

WHEELS & TIRES

Summer

Sparco Pro Corsa 18X8 Matte Black

Sumitomo HTR Z II 245/40R-18

H&R 10mm Spacers (rear)

Winter

Stock Wheels

Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 225/45R-18

H&R 20mm Spacers (front)

H&R 25mm Spacers (rear)

GAUGES

Cobb AP V2

AEM Wideband AFR

Auto Meter 0-30 PSI Boost Gauge

A-Pillar Dual Gauge Pod

INTERIOR

OEM All Weather Mats

STi Pedal Covers

Cipher CPA1018 Racing Seat (Driver)

Planted Technology Seat Bracket (Driver)

Neosupreme Seat Covers (Passenger and Rear)

Blue LED Accent Lighting with Dimmer

EXTERIOR

Front Lip

Rear Diffuser

L7 Carbon Fiber Overlays

Grillcraft Upper and Lower Grilles

Blacked-Out Headlights with Halos

Diode Dynamics 6k HID Low Beams

Blacked-Out Window Trim

Smoked Taillights

Front License Plate Delete

WRX Front Bumper Side Vents

Custom LED Fog Lights

Primitive Racing 3/16" Skid Plate

Edited by jackal8788
Updated Mod List

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all! Yeah, it better be fun right? :)

Mods are as follows:

- DW300 fuel pump

- ID1000 injectors

- KS 73mm intake

- AEM Dryflow air filter

- RacerX TMIC

- RacerX charge pipe

- Invidia catless DP

- Turbosmart Kompact BPV

- ACT HDSS clutch

- NKG iridium 1 step colder plugs

- Perrin throttle body inlet hose

There are a few other items including a wideband, boost gauge, upgraded bakes, clutch damper delete, etc. but the itemized list is what will really be supporting the 20g....at least it better! I haven't done the rest of my exhaust yet simply because I wanted to see what was possible with the stock CBE. I don't really want a loud car and if I can get into the 330-350 whp range without needing to change, I'd be very happy.

As for engine limit, various members including acumenhokie have indicated that ~350 whp is about the ceiling. I don't necessarily want to have the most aggressive tune possible since this is still my DD, but I think by running e85 I should be able to get somewhere near that 330-350 whp mark. Obviously it will be a somewhat subjective number (dyno variance, etc.) but it should be enough to put a smile on my face :)

Edited by jackal8788

As for engine limit, various members including acumenhokie have indicated that ~350 whp is about the ceiling. I don't necessarily want to have the most aggressive tune possible since this is still my DD, but I think by running e85 I should be able to get somewhere near that 330-350 whp mark. Obviously it will be a somewhat subjective number (dyno variance, etc.) but it should be enough to put a smile on my face :)

e85 is less prone to knock so you are probably safer at those power levels than on pump. I think the mods you have with the e85 will get you where you want to be.

Good to know. Just wasmt sure where you were at it terms of any internal work.

Get a baseline imo beforehand so then you know your true gains. All dynos are a measuring tool of course but its nice to know when your mod path "shows" gains.

Youll be right in the pocket for your goals, good thing you have a new clutch on that list :D

I am running the Aeromotive with a Aeromotive mechanical gauge directly on the FPR.

I think it is the ORB- 6 but not 100%.

Where you getting tuned in WI?

350 should be a duable goal, pushing much past that will be tough due to running out of TMIC and boost creep with the tiny wastegate on our turbo.

Also wanted to share this for anyone else who might be requiring a larger MAF housing but wants to draw minimal hot air from the engine compartment.

I used a 73mm KS MAF housing (thanks acumenhokie) and an AEM DryFlow filter with my stock intake pipe and did a little cutting around the stock airbox to fit this setup. Obviously it will still be able to draw some warm air from the engine compartment due to the cutting around the box, but it will be better than a completely exposed filter.

The first image is actually not from my setup (forgot to take a pic until I was done), but it gives the idea.

IMG_3470.JPG.9a83764edef2ee8725b10e42646afe68.JPG

1592210139_2014-08-0507_03_51.thumb.jpg.2e89cf7e2ffd09495ec27ae4cac23871.jpg

663684075_2014-08-0507_03_56.thumb.jpg.48ea807e268948d04fe47d65c7d7ca07.jpg

Edited by jackal8788

Also wanted to share this for anyone else who might be requiring a larger MAF housing but wants to draw minimal hot air from the engine compartment.

I used a 73mm KS MAF housing (thanks acumenhokie) and an AEM DryFlow filter with my stock intake pipe and did a little cutting around the stock airbox to fit this setup. Obviously it will still be able to draw some warm air from the engine compartment due to the cutting around the box, but it will be better than a completely exposed filter.

The first image is actually not from my setup (forgot to take a pic until I was done), but it gives the idea.

Awesome! Glad you were able to use it in your setup. Looks nice.

Quick update - I saw that I was overboosting on my base map (WGDC is set at 0 until dyno day) and I was hitting around 19-20 PSI. All hoses are in place and clamped on the turbo, BCS, and wastegate actuator so I'm going to try adjusting the arm length of the wastegate actuator a bit longer to see if that gets the pressure back down to ~14 PSI.

Any of the other stage 3 guys run into this with your new turbos? Just want to make sure I check all the obvious bases here.