LegacyGT.com

Who would be interested in USDM 08-09 rear bumper vents?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are talking about the vents pictured bellow, then I'd definitely be in for that price. Some questions I would have are:

-Would they come color matched?

-How are they installed? Adhesive or double sided tape?

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=30302

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=30309

Yes...those are the vents in question.

They will more than likely just come white, and you'll have to have them painted.

There are tab slots, and a bolt hole on the back side of the current reflector. The vent would slide into place, and then be secured with the nut/bolt combination.

anyway i could make it fit an 05 lgt? if so im in...

I think this was answered but in case, this is basically a replacement for the 08-09 bumper reflector location. You will pop out your red reflector and screw these in. Dont know if the 08-09 rear bumper is a direct swap onto the 05-07. If thats the case, you would have to do a bumper swap

Including Opie, there are 8 of us so far, well for the price of 45

1. Imprezing04

2. Deadzep

3. mk6933

4. DPsubie

5. Biggu

6. Squiden

7. Scotty7171

8. Underground000

I need to update this but i want to respond to everyone first

If I'm not mistaken...they are going to look EXACTLY like the JDM version, but they will be re-configured on the mounting side for the USDM bumper.

This is correct. It will be made to look like the jdm vent, just made to fit the usdm rear bumper. The JDM rear bumper is shorter and so the curvature of the jdm vent does not match the curvature of the usdm bumper. I am about to upload a pic to show what i mean

pictures to show what this is about would be ideal but I think this is definitely something I'd do for $45 - I love the silly reflectors in the later 4th gen rear bumpers that I don't have so anything to improve what I think is a very boring back end on my car would probably be something I'd do...

I think you have an 05. See above response. This is for the 08-09 rear bumper that have the slots for reflectors

If you are talking about the vents pictured bellow, then I'd definitely be in for that price. Some questions I would have are:

-Would they come color matched?

-How are they installed? Adhesive or double sided tape?

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=30302

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=30309

They would look like those. I dont think they will be painted but i do have a friend who works at a body shop and if there are enough interest, i can get these made and drop off sets to my friend and have him paint a few at a time. So if 3 people want OBP for example..i can just get him to paint all the same color at once. Of course, I would charge just the amount my friend charges me. It would not be the $45 price to come painted

I would think they are secured with nuts and bolts like the oem reflectors..but I could be wrong :)

This is correct, they would have the existing nut and bolt layout like the stock reflectors. Unscrew the reflectors and screw these in.

Yes...those are the vents in question.

They will more than likely just come white, and you'll have to have them painted.

There are tab slots, and a bolt hole on the back side of the current reflector. The vent would slide into place, and then be secured with the nut/bolt combination.

The company told me they would come in white but you or i could easily just spray paint it flat black

Oh okay, last question for the install part. Does it require bumper removal? Or can you reach up from where the mufflers sit? Or is there another location to reach them?

See 06Legacy's response. I was able to reach up and unscrew the oem reflector for them to look at the shape of the relfector

diggity damn those look ill as f**k!! I can't wait! :spin:

I cant wait either, hopefully they look like the jdm ones

When I put mine in..i had just enuff room to reach between the exhaust....not necessary to remove bumper

Amazing how much better that looks than reflectors.. I'm definitely interested at the $45~ price point.

Def better looking! and "ill as f**k" =)

1. Imprezing04

2. Deadzep

3. mk6933

4. DPsubie

5. Biggu

6. Squiden

7. Scottyg7171

8. Underground000

9.W1cked

10.joeblow

11.06LegacyRBP

12.rdhoggattjr

13.SleeperLGT

14.Murphdaddy

15.Schrei Wolf (maybe)

16.1stick3pedals

17.rtbrjason

18.RIPjeep2002

Ok, so there seems to be enough interest for me to go forward with trying to get these made. I will get a pic of the prototype and post and make sure everyone is still interested before going forward in getting them all made. Thanks guys!

This is the JDM vent held up to my USDM bumper. You can see the curvature is not the same. Ask W1cked, no matter how much trimming or modding or squeezing you try to do, the JDM one will not fit our USDM bumper

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z314/imprezsing04/BumperVent.jpg

I would be interested...room for one more?

Yup, i will make a list and everything once i get the prototype. When i am happy with the prototype...thats when ill post pics of what you guys can expect to receive. This thread was just an "interest" thread so i know whether or not i should pursue the project in the first place. cause i know people wanted it but i wasnt sure if people would pay for it

05-07 bumpers are not the same as 08-09....i know for a fact because I have the conversion done from an 06 to 08-09 back which in my opinion looks better :)

Maybe you can tell the 05-07 owners whats involved in swapping from their bumper to an 08-09. Is it just the bumper? Beam too? Do the lines of the taillights match, etc.

Im guessing you researched this when you did the bumper swap but what else more would be involved in doing a jdm 08-09 rear bumper swap?

Wait, just saw your avatar. If this is your car...looks like you swapped taillights too

Edited by Imprezsing04

Maybe you can tell the 05-07 owners whats involved in swapping from their bumper to an 08-09. Is it just the bumper? Beam too? Do the lines of the taillights match, etc.

Im guessing you researched this when you did the bumper swap but what else more would be involved in doing a jdm 08-09 rear bumper swap?

Wait, just saw your avatar. If this is your car...looks like you swapped taillights too

Rear bumper and tailights from what I remember

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Im not sure with a jdm swap but with the usdm its bumpet, taillights, and brackets left and right...pretty much it! And yes that's my car in the avatar, pretty unique for regal blue :)

Edited by 06LegacyRBP

Btw, the Jdm ones just clip into the jdm bumper. But the slits in the jdm bumper are bigger i guess. Our reflectors are held in by nut and screw and the slits for clipping in are barely there. So the back will not look like the jdm one, nor will it be shaped like a jdm one. But the look will remain the same

These are the JDM ones that I gave to the company

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z314/imprezsing04/BumperVent2.jpg

Btw, the Jdm ones just clip into the jdm bumper. But the slits in the jdm bumper are bigger i guess. Our reflectors are held in by nut and screw and the slits for clipping in are barely there. So the back will not look like the jdm one, nor will it be shaped like a jdm one. But the look will remain the same

These are the JDM ones that I gave to the company

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z314/imprezsing04/BumperVent2.jpg

Looks like it was a good thing I only hacked up one of them.

• 2 weeks later...