LegacyGT.com

Conversion 5x100 to 5x114.3 on 05 LGT

lfrisé

To all,

I'm trying to find info about the 5x100 to 5x114.3 conversion for a 05LGT. If I have access to the complete kit (brakes, cross-members, hubs ,knuckle, etc) from a 08 STI would it be bolt on for the back end. I can't find any info on this conversion. Do the rear control arm (aluminium from the 08 STI) would also fit?

Thanks,

Carl

I bet it would all fit up.

The front definitely fits up, and I think you can probably swap the rear knuckles over and keep your OE arms. But if you have access to everything, I'd do it that way.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I have the complete setup availlable. What I think would be the problem for now is the front for the suspension. I think that the thickness where the strut bolts on 5x114.3 is more. Maybe I could use the front suspension from an 05+ STI and it should fit there. Anybody know about this issue?

Use 08+ front suspension, as the knuckle IS thicker.

If you have coilovers, or are going to get them, just get the lower brackets for an 08+ STi.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

On coilovers, some have independent lower brackets (the bit that actually clamps to the strut up front, or bolts to the knuckle in the rear).

If that same company makes parts for the 08+ STi, then you can simply replace the lower brackets on the front of your current coilovers with the 08+ lower brackets, and you are good to go!

By the way I have the 6 spd conversion beeing put on the car as we speak with the hybrid rear axles and I have a set of R180 for the rear availlable so I shouldn't have any problem there. Anybody know if the front a-arm are the same or compatible LGT05 to STI08. I already have the front Aluminiuma-arm from a spec B.

They might be compatible. If you already have the aluminum A-arms from the Spec B, then I wouldn't really worry about it.

I should by a set of coilovers for an 08 STI then and I would be good to go...

I'm not positive that they'll swap over. The STi ones might be shorter or have a different top hat orientation than you need.

I'd pick coilovers, order them for the LGT, then swap the lower brackets on the front. I'd talk directly to the company, and see if they can set you up.

the rear susp is different on the 08 sti compared to the 05 LGT so oyu cant use that. instead look at the tribecca rear knuckle. the tribecca uses 5x114.3 hubs but has the same suspension as an 05-09 outback with is the same as the lgt for the most part.

I have the complete setup availlable. What I think would be the problem for now is the front for the suspension. I think that the thickness where the strut bolts on 5x114.3 is more. Maybe I could use the front suspension from an 05+ STI and it should fit there. Anybody know about this issue?

05+ sti stuff wont fit. gotta be 08+ , and even then its only the fronts.

the rear susp is different on the 08 sti compared to the 05 LGT so oyu cant use that. instead look at the tribecca rear knuckle. the tribecca uses 5x114.3 hubs but has the same suspension as an 05-09 outback with is the same as the lgt for the most part.

When you say different suspension are you talking about the strut or the knuckle assembly? Please be more specific on this.

Thanks

The front definitely fits up, and I think you can probably swap the rear knuckles over and keep your OE arms. But if you have access to everything, I'd do it that way.
Would that work or not? Edited by l'frisé

Hummm, so I would have to verify that the bolt point would be the same. Anybody have an idea on the diameter for the handbrake for the tribeca. If it's the same as the STI that would be wounderfull. Perhaps a relocation bracket would be needed also but would hope not.

Received another Pm from Unclemat:

Nope. It's TOTALLY different suspension arrangement.

The issue is rear hubs that are different on Impreza/Forester vs. Legacy. I am not 100% sure about Tribeca but since it shares the same suspension design like these, I bet they won't fit. 99.999%

G.