LegacyGT.com

Cryotune performance review

2009 specb

Ended up at Theboostcreeps shop with a dyno dynamics, figured I'd toss the daily driver onto it for reference since I had it on the same dyno a few years ago with my stage 2 E85 tune and thought the reference would be funny to see.

More details and mod list can be found here.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ec-202632.html

354.6HP and 439ft lb's of torque.

http://legacygt.com/forums/images/statusicon/wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1000x563 and weights 148KB.http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=143507&d=1362117658

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave,

I'm getting a new car. It's stock. I'll be in touch shortly :)

That is all.

Sounds good, always good to work with you.

"its stock" for about a minute after you get it....:)

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

• Moderators
Sounds good, always good to work with you.

"its stock" for about a minute after you get it....:)

Dave

Ha, I'm literally detouring to pick up a downpipe on the way home today :lol: will be a sec before it gets installed tho.

Edited by BarManBean

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 2 weeks later...
Ha, I'm literally detouring to pick up a downpipe on the way home today :lol:will be a sex before it gets installed tho.

wow, I know you liked the car but?....:lol:

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spamming this question around here Dave in hopes someone knows lol. I now have a full one piece exhaust from the cat back to the mufflers so should I to use those spring bolts like the factory does to allow some movement or should I just stick with regular bolts.

• Moderators
Spamming this question around here Dave in hopes someone knows lol. I now have a full one piece exhaust from the cat back to the mufflers so should I to use those spring bolts like the factory does to allow some movement or should I just stick with regular bolts.

If you are still using a donut gasket at the connection between the downpipe and your catback, use the spring bolts--they'll make life easier. I've gone both routes and used regular bolts for a while due to the fact that my spring bolts were all rusted out and it was much harder to get the seal right.

If you have two flat metal flanges there now (aftermarket downpipe, i.e. invidia), and are using a metal gasket or similar, just use regular bolts.

I have a CNT catted dp and am going to install a GrimmSpeed 22x metal gasket. I reused a crappy gasket when I installed the new one-piece and now have a leak and I sold the spring bolts with the stock exhaust so I would need to buy them if needed.

I don't want to run the risk of damaging anything and figured since OEM is a one-piece and comes with them it might be important to find out.

• Moderators

CNT to CBE will require an adapter I believe to go from the 3" downpipe exit to the 2.5" CBE connection. You'll use both a two-bolt gasket and a donut gasket here. The Grimmspeed gasket you are referring to should go between the downpipe and the turbo, not the downpipe and the CBE (although they might also make a 3" gasket for that connection if you want to use it). If you have an aftermarket CBE with a 3" connection you won't use the donut gasket or adapter and then you can easily use standard hardware.

Otherwise, like I said I suggest using the spring bolts when using a donut gasket. I tried advance auto options for spring bolts but they sucked and I ended up going OEM. I might have an extra set of spring bolts in the garage if you end up needing a set...

Really sorry to take your thread off topic Dave.

The dp is 3" and my exhaust is 3" so I don't need an adapter and don't have a donut gasket, just a regular metal gasket. Obviously the dp is bolted to the support bracket to eliminate as much movement as possible but should I use the spring bolts to help compensate for some of movement or will just regular bolts work? I've heard different answers, yes you do to prevent cracking, no you don't as long as everything's secured...

This may be a lost cause, lol but I wanted to check with Dave originally and now in-turn anyone else that has knowledge and experience with exhausts.

I personally prefer using the spring setup IF its a doughnut gasket, bolts if its flat flange.

Back on topic,

Just made a post about spark plugs on my Tuning FAQ thread that may be useful to some. Hope it helps and it will be formatted and added to the tuning faq soon.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/introducing-stage-1-2-and-3-e-tuning-remote-tuning-191961p8.html

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just thought I'd throw it out there that I've received 6 revisions to my tune since May 9th, and that's not including all of last weekend (Friday to Monday) where I did zero logging--basically 6 revisions in 12 days.

Thanks for the continued quick response, Dave--the wagon is really feeling good. Stage 2 on the 5eat was fun but the 5mt with the outback drive ratio is ummmm...quick :)

• 2 weeks later...