LegacyGT.com

Roof rack thread for Fourth Generation Legacy Sedan.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mega Users
Nope, there are 2 places within 2 hrs that suck a lot usually(Wintergreen and Winterplace). Snowshoe in West Virginia is fairly close and that's about the biggest resort around here. Still sucks though because it's mostly manmade snow and short runs. My brother lives in Golden, CO though and I've already got my plane ticket. I just feel all giddy inside thinking about backcountry cornices, mmmmmmmmmm.

Just got my Thule rack yesterday. I love this thing!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2620/4158858554_6b7f0f4eca_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2655/4158095945_fb17a1776e_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2499/4158096281_e9818a140b_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For either of the two setups (Thule/Yakima) do any of you have leakage near the windows, or road noise? I had the thule with another car but it didn't clip under the window, it was on a weatherstrip on the roof.

I've heard thule has some feet that will mount directly to the roof. I'm guessing they are permanent, but if it didn't have those two problems I'd be willing to do it. However, I've had little luck finding out if there is an offering for an 06 LGT.

My other option is to make a stainless trunk tray that has some "yokes" to hold the skis up off of the back of the armrest. The edges are killing that thing. Plus then I could throw any wet stuff back there and not worry about the trunk caving in like it already has started to.

Any feedback?

• Mega Users
I've installed hundreds of Yakima racks. The instructions leave a little to be desired but the measurements are spot on. It does help to be familiar with racks in general (pieces, parts, etc). If you buy one from a good shop they should offer to install it for you.

• 3 months later...
I think you're right. I was trying to figure that out. Will fix it today.

Mine did the same thing, then I realized that I had all of the position (fitment) holes in the "one" position.

You want the two middle ones on the two position and the outside ones on the "one" (furthest in) position. When you do that it kind of curves the fairing.

Hope that helped. :)

When I tried to put my rack on today I realized that one of my bars is to short, it is about 47 inches and I need a fifty. :(

Edited by theGeneral

My question is; do you guys with racks and fairings drive your cars through car washes?

I have multiple times. I specifically asked the guy running the wash if it would be a problem. Just be aware the top of your car won't be spotless.

• 2 months later...

Uhh, am I the only person who doesn't like driving around with a rack when it's not needed? Mine stays in the garage unless I'm going snowboarding etc. Takes about 15 minutes to put on but I would rather not have the wind noise and reduced mileage.

I guess it's just part of my night before snowboarding ritual, along with waxing my board, getting all my gear together, ipod loaded and charged etc. I also usually am putting on my snow tires so I spend an hour in the garage the night before and I'm all kitted out.

I know some people like the look of the rack but the negatives are too much for me!

• 4 weeks later...
Here are a couple of pics of mine I took the snowboard portion of my rack off for the summer.

p.s. sorry for the bad phone pics/dirty car:lol:

what size bars do you have, 48"?

looks great!

sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes...well, he eats you