LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

Hi everyone,

I know that there are two older Ohio threads:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1913

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722&page=1&pp=10

Both, aside from being ancient, also seem to focus more on our Central Ohio brothers and sisters. :)

Nothing wrong with that - but it's just disheartening that after a few weeks of road-time in Winky, I've not yet seen another '05 2.5GT here in NE-Ohio. I've waved to countless WRXs -both sedans and wagons- of all vintages, but not a single '05(soon to be "+") 2.5GT.

I currently belong to both LERSOC as well as OhioSubarus, and will soon be active on SLi, but it's been disproportionally biased (the former), within NE-Ohio, towards our WRX/STi brothers and sisters as well (again not that there's anything wrong with that :p .......).

I'd just like to get something started for all of us in terms of an introduction/sightings/get-togethers thread.

-----

My name's Allen. For the past couple of weeks, I've owned "Winky," my periwinkle (as the wifey calls her Atlantic Blue Peal exterior)/taupe-leather 2.5GT Limited.

I can be seen mostly in the Cleveland, Cleveland Heights (and surrounding Heights) areas, and have been known to wave/flash low-beams MADLY at fellow Scooby owners.

"Flash" me and Winky or wave at us when you see us! I'm easy to identify - I think I'm the only rather portly Chinese guy in a ABP 2.5GT around these parts, and I have my DRLs disabled and typically DO NOT run my fogs at night.

:D

I can also sometimes be seen in my wifey's gray '05 WRX sedan (with rear spoiler).

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your post looked lonely so I thought I'd reply. You're the most prominent Clevelander who posts on this board and as someone raised in Cleveland I thought I'd say hello. I grew up in University Hts. and Pepper Pike. Sorry to hear you don't see any other '05 LGTs. Wish I was there so we could party with our two LGTs. :D :D

Where did you get buy your LGT? Ellacott in Shaker or Ganley east? Or did you (*gasp*!) go to the westside? :D jk

LOL, go to the West-Side? Are you kidding? :D

Ellacott Shaker - my wife's uncle was neighbors with their GM, so that was an easy choice. :) Haven't used their service dept. jut yet, but their sales staff was very friendly and found common-base with me and the wifey.

Thanks for replying to my post; and I'm sorry, in-turn, for my own delay in getting back - my wife and I just moved from an apartment in Cleveland Hts. out to a house in Shaker Hts. After having spent the past 12 years or so in dorms and apartments, it's nice to have one's "own property," finally!

Sara actually grew up in Pepper Pike/Orange, too - attended Orange High between 1993 and 1997. What years were you there?

Nice to meet ya! And yes, it's too bad you're not closer!

-Allen

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Added -

Spotted an Aspen White Legacy (non-GT) in the Cleveland Hts. area just yesterday.

Anyone on this board?

-A

Well, i for one did not see you, however..i did run down a black legacy...guessing it was a GT by the way it was humpin it on the highway..all badging gone..and when i did finally get in front of him it was too dark to see his hood..but he huffed it easily up to the century mark..probably freaked him out..he passes a LGT sedan, the LGT wagon, then the sedan rockets after him chasing him down :) Any idea who this may have been..it was either in Ohio or maybe Ky..think it was still OHIO..maybe meatwad can clarify where we were. All in all..i got no waves from all the subarus i waved at on the road trip..though one oubtack wagon of a slightly older nature..early 2000 maybe with 2 young gentlemen in front and 2 young ladies in back got a kick out of me singing and dancing on the highway.

Hey jerami1981 -

I again apologize for not having been able to meet up with you guys, espeically with y'all having been SOOOOOO close to me, physically, at the Ellacott Shaker dealership. :(

But hey, hope springs eternal, and I should be able to get out to Chicago some time in the near future. Maybe we'll all be able to hook-up, then. :)

I think that Scoobys are too common here in the northeastern part of the Mid-West, thus leading to the "no wave" issue. Here in Cleveland, I've even had trouble getting a few WRX owners to wave to me, despite the closer-run enthusiast's-blood of the Rex crowd. :(

-A

Added -

Champagne Gold Opal Outback XT - Sears Auto/Lawn & Garden parking lot at Richmond Mall in Richmond Hts., Ohio. Appx. 3:30 PM, Saturday, 7/9.

Anyone?

-A

TSi..its ok..btw, what can i call you besides TSi, you can just call me Frost. LAst name and everyone calls me that for the most part, aside from my parents. If i get a bit over a months notice i can request off of work for meets that require that much time off, though if its a weekend it has to land on my rotation off of the hospital. But i can't wait to get together with a bunch of the guys, it sucks living down here where no one else is near by. I left a note on one guys LGT sedan at the hospital, but he never signed up here, other than that there is a silver 2.5i roaming around town and thats it. I like exclusivity, but i'd like to see another suby at least once a month. Guess i'll just have to roll by seans apt at night after work :)

Frost, I'm Allen. :) Guess our mutual friend ;) forgot to mention to you my real name. :p

Glad to officially "meet" you.

:D

And brother, I know just how you feel about not gettin' the lovin' - but I'm jealous, you've got Sean!

-A

Nice to meet you too Allen, I'm sure sean mentioned your name, but sin cei never used it, it didn't stick with me. And yes, i do have sean, who has a sweet ass silver wagon which i love. We spent a large chunk on saturday afternoon/evening doing photo shoots across town, racked up about 150 pictures. I'm trying to convert everyone over to subies :)...i've been working on my parents for a year or so now, i think they'll break soon..maybe by mid next year.

Jeremy,

:lol: RE: name - no problem, I'm just teasin'. I'm horrible with names myself - so it was very ironic when a few good guys from our local Scooby enthusiast group somehow had my name mistaken for "Andy," and started calling me that on a couple of other Scooby-enthusiast Forums.

I'm actually a very recent Scooby convert. Although I've always admired them for their practicality, reliability, and AWD capability, it truly wasn't until the WRX landed on our shores that I began to see Subaru as a performance marque, despite my having followed WRC for a couple of years previous, and the general awareness of the WRXs over in JDM-land. My wife's '05 Rex sedan, 4EAT, was actually "my" first Scooby, and it was more bought for active safety than anything else. Needless to say, the LGT truly opened my eyes to the world of Scooby performance at "sub-STi" levels, which is impressive already.

:)

-A

Added:

Black LGT Wagon, in Little Italy in Cleveland, Ohio - turning from Edgehill on to Murray Hill at appx. 3:45 PM on 7/13. You wouldn't have seen me, as I was way too far out. :(

Silver Legacy 2.5i sedan, Warrensville Ctr. Rd., heading southbound towards Chagrin. You came charging up behind me at the traffic light right before Qua Buick. Likely not a Forum member, though, as when I looked over, you didn't even turn your head. :(

Just sayin' "hi!" :)

-A

Whats up man!?

Clevelander here (Valley View)

Hang out sometimes with my friend in Shaker and Coventry at BD mongolian BBQ. mmm mmm.

Hope to see you around. I'm hoping to get a white gt soon. Currently drive a modded 1.8T gray jetta.

Hey BOOSTER!

Howdy! :) Definitely hope to see you around!

-A

BOOSTER -

Red wagon? If so, then I think you guys might *live* around me, too! Shaker Heights, Sussex?

-A

mccorry,

I'm going to try - but it is probably unlikely. :( This weekend was originally my aim for a free weekend as an autoX event was originally scheduled for tomorrow - but was later canned - so I don't know if I'd have next weekend free. :(

-A

I know of at least one Regal Blue Pearl GT sedan that can be seen around the east side suburbs on occasion :D

A guy that I work with bought a black GT sedan a few months after I bought mine. I think he lives in Mentor.

I also see another black GT sedan every so often while I'm driving to work. I see him pulling into Progressive on Rt. 91 in the mornings.

I'm jealous, bro! :p I haven't seen *_anyone!_*

I'll be out in your neck of the woods tomorrow at 2PM., E305th and Lakeland - the BP station. A couple of other guys from LERSOC and myself are getting together to swap/buy some parts from each other.

And yes, Jamie, you can consider this an invite, although I'd definitely say that we won't be doing anything special, and it's not gonna be a prolonged "meet" as one of us three has to be somewhere at 2:30.

-A

I'm jealous, bro! :p I haven't seen *_anyone!_*

I'll be out in your neck of the woods tomorrow at 2PM., E305th and Lakeland - the BP station. A couple of other guys from LERSOC and myself are getting together to swap/buy some parts from each other.

And yes, Jamie, you can consider this an invite, although I'd definitely say that we won't be doing anything special, and it's not gonna be a prolonged "meet" as one of us three has to be somewhere at 2:30.

-A

Dammit!! I went out of town this weekend and just got back an hour ago!! You guys were only a few miles from where I live...

Let me know when you're setting something else up and I'll drop by. I tried to join LERSOC, but I couldn't get my registration to work for some reason. :(

Jamie,

I'll contact the LERSOC admin and see if we can't get your registration straightened-out - PM me your full name and your contact e-mail address, and I'll see if they can't track you down.

It's too bad you weren't in-town, only two other guys, but they were a cool-cat bunch. :) I had a great time just shooting the shit. :D

-A