LegacyGT.com

got some new stuff for engine R&R

Note to everyone viewing this, I'm trying to re-post the photos that Photobucket has made blurry, I have about 80 pictures in my file if you need to see more, PM me.

You can see the photos at the post on Sept 23 2019. On page 17

Well figured its time to post up my own thread. Over the past weeks I have been collecting parts.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4650.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4652.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4653.jpg

That's a EJ257 short block, Spec 2 clutch and new flywheel insert for the Aluminum FW in the wagon. Edit, (Oct 15 2020) that Spec 2 only lasted 50,000 miles, I replaced it with Spec 2+, much better clutch for this set up. I'm also back with the Spec LWFW with new Friction surface.

I will use the vf52 that has about 11,000 miles on it now.

Edit April 13 2017, yea it took that long, here's the part numbers, EJ257 short block 10103AC050 $1775.00 Gasket set for a 2005 GT 10105AA720 $214.07

• Thanks 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Are you going to have Mike @ TA re-tune your new motor. Or you just going to run you old tune. Just wondering if Mike left some power on the table. Do to your oil use & the miles on the original motor.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I asked Mike a few weeks ago, he said just to do a few logs on the new engine but everything should remain the same.

I did ask him yesterday about having the head P&P. I know the guys at Eastwoods machine shop will want to do it.

I just don't want to have to supply more fuel if the heads flow much better.

To answer the question,

It's going in the wagon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I'm replacing the short block because mine uses a lot of oil under boost. I know the engine was abused when it was running 18-21psi for a short time years ago with out a proper tune.

I plan to keep the car for a few more years and I'm tired of adding oil 2-3 times a week.

I'm also dropping my home PC (crashes alot) off at the repair shop after work today before I start disconecting the engine. I'll take photo's but may not be able to post them from the GF's lap top. It's a HP and a pain to use. I hope to have the PC back soon.

I figure this whole engine R&R should take a couple of weeks. I have my own engine hoist and engine stand so I'm under no pressure to have it out because I have to return the hoist. But I don't want to waste to much time either.

I'll remove the external items from the engine than drop the old long block and the new short block off to my buddies machine shop and have them give me back a long block after they freshen up the heads.

I guess I'll offer the old short block up for sale if someone wants one to rebuild that has not blown up.

I have new flywheel bolts and a torx plus 50 coming from Fred Beans, I have to call them and give them another CC# because the bank called on Monday and said that card had been compromised. If it ain't one thing its another...

I'll wait to inspect the oil pick up tube before I decide to buy a after market one.

I have Mike at AZPinstalls getting me a oil pump, I did buy the Spec clutch from him and the replacement bearing for the TSK3 kit that is on the tranny.

Spec sent me the insert for the FW. I bought the ARP head studs and NGK plugs from my Tuner, Tuning Alliance.

Think that's it for now, time to go to work.

Yes, he bought a house in Vernon last Fall. When I placed the order from his website, I had the stuff 2 day's later. He hasn't updated his site lately but he's been busy.

Oh wow thats wicked close by (im in windham) ive been playing w the idea of refreshing my block as well. I have 140k on the engine now, it does consume oil but still pulls strong. Id love to buy that shortblock off ya if the price is reasonable. Lmk.

I wouldn't want much for it, and I rather it went to someone local.

I'm in the south east corner of Tolland just off rt32 by the old mill and fire station north of Willington pizza.

I wouldn't want much for it, and I rather it went to someone local.

I'm in the south east corner of Tolland just off rt32 by the old mill and fire station north of Willington pizza.

Small world i drive by there on my way to spencer 5x a week. We should have a ne ct meet some time! Keep me posted on that short block id def take it off your hands!

Lemme know if you want that grill spruced up in the meantime :p

I will be contacting you soon.

:munch:

Cute :)

Small world i drive by there on my way to spencer 5x a week. We should have a ne ct meet some time! Keep me posted on that short block id def take it off your hands!

I'll PM you in a few.

opps change of plans, GF reminded me we need the wagon next week. I have a 2 day appointment for her car to be detailed.

So I'll start next week.

Nice to meet you to Ed.

I did some practice fitting of the short block to the engine stand last evening. I'll pick up another 10mmx1.25 nut today and a few washers to take up space on the bolts from my sons house.

I picked up 3 Purolator L14610 oil filters over the weekend for the break in period. I have one Fram 6607 that I will use for the first 20 minutes.

Got a email from Mike at AZP this morning, I'll have the new oil pump soon and will ship it to me.

I asked him about the replacement TOB for the TSK3 kit on the car, he said last week it's coming from a different place.

Well I'm having lunch, but the engine is all disconnected. I'll hook up the engine hoist after lunch.

I think I can leave the exhaust manifold on while it's coming out ? I'll give it look when I'm breaking the motor mounts loose.

I've been taking pictures.