LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Audio/Video Clip Compilation Thread - 2.5i Edition

Nameless is loud on long trips. I got the 4" and wish I got the 5" now. Considering selling my 4s and getting 5s. Or trading up.

I love the sound around the city though. Just start to lose it after 6 straight hours at the same speed.

Youve got the 4" muffler deletes? So the longer ones are more quiet?

Got a clip ?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a clip ATM. I was told that the larger they are the more silent they are. 5" was called the grandpa mufflers or something like that. Wagon owners should go for the 5's due to the massive resonator above the exhaust pipes known as the hatch.

So anyone got the 5s in wagon fitment that they want to trade? lol.

Youve got the 4" muffler deletes? So the longer ones are more quiet?

Got a clip ?

The measurement refers to the diamater of the muffler; larger muffler, quieter exhaust. So he's got the axle-back rather than the muffler delete.

So tradesies anyone?!

I'll trade you my stockers, 164k kms & slightly bent lol jk.

I get tired of driving after 6 hours no matter what sound it's making. Plus any long drive I do I usually have music bumping and a trunk full of stuff to dampen the noise. The deletes might be bit much based on what you're saying, but the extra $100 in my pocket over the 4" mufflers does appeal to me... unless I can score a used set.

Any other quality mufflers/axlebacks that aren't ludicrously expensive? ($700 for AVO axleback!! :spin:)

Edited by cluesblues
Punctuation

I never found any at a decent price that I really wanted, plus I was dead set on oval tips. I ended up using universal Vibrant mufflers (which are straight thru in design.) It was a bit of a gamble and turned out having a little bit more bark than expected, but I just changed my driving habits. You could always go that route too, but it's very hard to find sound clips to go off of and I have UELs, so it won't sound the same. I do think there's an elusive clip or 2 of a Forester with a Vibrant setup. It can get costly building your own though. I probably spent around the same as a ready made product.

I'd for sure say they are worth the extra money to jump to the 4". I'm considering selling and jumping to 5". The turbo would cut down on some noise and some bass as well. The wagon makes things much more pronounced in the cabin. Not as bad with the sedan due to the trunk stopping lots of noise.

• 3 weeks later...
I'll trade you my stockers, 164k kms & slightly bent lol jk.

I get tired of driving after 6 hours no matter what sound it's making. Plus any long drive I do I usually have music bumping and a trunk full of stuff to dampen the noise. The deletes might be bit much based on what you're saying, but the extra $100 in my pocket over the 4" mufflers does appeal to me... unless I can score a used set.

Any other quality mufflers/axlebacks that aren't ludicrously expensive? ($700 for AVO axleback!! :spin:)

same boat my friend, the $300 vs $700 is very appealing :lol:

• 3 months later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ehQU9g0MS4]Legacy 2.5i Ice Drift - YouTube[/ame]

Here's my 2.5i. OBX catless header and magnaflow catback. Header is for sale, going back to stock.

You were right when you said they did have a slight rumble as opposed to stock ones. I really would have been happier getting those headers but nice :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
Waiting for the day when I can spend some money on exhaust...

performance peddler has the Magnaflow 14827 for like $120 which is a good deal plus the cost of local installation.

Oooh I should jump on this if it's still available. I've been strongly considering getting these magnaflows.

• 8 months later...

Hey guys I'm confused as I will ever be. I have a 2005 legacy na and bought a borla cbe earlier this year and it didn't fit. And I cannot find any cbe for my car at all. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/22/e31131e1da73448aa181c45e72376406.jpg that's what my header looks like. When I put the borla on it was too short. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry what I was going to ask is if 2005 was the only different year for exhaust on a 4th generation legacy. Because I read earlier on this thread a gt exhaust could fit a 2006 legacy. Could I replace my header with an 06 and then the gt exhaust would fit without modifications? Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
I brought a cbe for my 2005 NA also. My headers don't look like yours they're even longer. I had to lengthen my cbe pipe made for a lgt about 2" for it to reach. I figured since I have a different style header that's why It wouldn't reach

The 2005 is the ONE year that does not work with 05-09 LGT CBEs like the 06-09 2.5i. This is due to the 98-2004 exhaust layout. You can make it fit but you will need to make he extension or cut and extend the end of the Y pipe to mate your stock Cat pipe. The good news is you guys have tons of bolt on UEL headers the slighty bad is CBEs for the 05-09 LGT dont bolt up directly.

Easy fix to make them work however :)

Example:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g58/IamTim872/Espelir%20JGT500/Adapter.jpg

Edited by GEE-OTTO

• 1 month later...