LegacyGT.com

5th Gen - Tricks and tweaks

:eek:Does NOT work

:confused:Apparently you guys are refering to systems with the Navigation Scrren???

:confused:What about us without NAV??????

Ok, just did this on my Outback. After the first step with the light switch and the trip button, you press and hold the trip button to change the settings. Make sure you are pressing the trip button and not the MPG one. I made this mistake at first.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Does this procedure work on other subes?

"Go fast...ignition on

turn headlights on

hit trip meter 5 times

headlights off

hit trip meter 5 times

headlights on

hit trip meter 5 times

Now you can adjust the MPG reading on the first option screen. Default is zero I set mine to -2 and its much closer."

Ok, so, pretty neat, I'll get some reall numbers on my next few gas stops to adjust. So, the first value "1" that you can change from -10 to +10, is MPG, the second value "2", adjust the outside temp +/- 3 degrees... Haven't been able to figure out what that third value is. Anyone have any ideas? What is it turning on/off?

Ok, so, pretty neat, I'll get some reall numbers on my next few gas stops to adjust. So, the first value "1" that you can change from -10 to +10, is MPG, the second value "2", adjust the outside temp +/- 3 degrees... Haven't been able to figure out what that third value is. Anyone have any ideas? What is it turning on/off?

Just an FYI and I'm not sure if anyone said this but anyway, when doing the MPG, for every 1 you adjust it, its changing it by. 3 MPG's. I ended up going to -6 which adjusted it down 1.8 MPG's and its been consistently close for about 8 months now.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know how to disable the AUTO DIM REARVIEW MIRROR?

Not permanently, just don't want it to come on automatically.

I'm used to a regular mirror and when this thing's on, it looks like cars are way behind me... only to realize they are on my bumper.

However, if some jagoph drives behind me with their Escalade with HIDs, I can press the button.;)

And the SEATBELT CHIME DISABLE...

Turn to accessory, in and out 20 times (within 30 seconds), back to off... then I have to start the car?

People seemed to describe it a few different ways, so I just need to know which is the 100% correct one.

For HU model number CE617U1:

"To turn loudness on or off:

With the unit ON, press and hold 1, 6, and TUNE (right knob.) The display shows LOUD OFF or LOUD ON.

To disable fixed EQ:

With the unit OFF, press one of these combinations of buttons:

1 + 2 + TUNE for SEDAN

1 + 3 + TUNE for WAGON

1 + 4 + TUNE for THROUGH MODE"

Is there any way to bypass the traction control to stay off or reverse the switch? (like to automatically be off after starting car?

Tc Davis

I don't think so it would have to modified electronically.. I looked into it to keep the hill holder always on ... cause wouldn't that be more logical?.... but after seeing how much work it would be decided to press it when I need it and that's all...

Does this procedure work on other subes?

"Go fast...ignition on

turn headlights on

hit trip meter 5 times

headlights off

hit trip meter 5 times

headlights on

hit trip meter 5 times

Now you can adjust the MPG reading on the first option screen. Default is zero I set mine to -2 and its much closer."

Has anyone figured out how to do this on 2013? I tried it but I couldn't get it to work for me and mine definitely needs to be adjusted...

Decided to install a Fumoto Oil Drain Valve. Modified valve to allow more oil to drain from oil pan.

Measured to top of oil pan drain plug threads, then reduced height of Fumoto threads by making four drain relief notches.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/BigBopper_01/LGT/P1010003-1_zps547ef6a5.jpg

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/BigBopper_01/LGT/P1010001-4_zps3283b975.jpg